Thread: recent sound issue w/crew chief

recent sound issue w/crew chief

So my recent and current issue with crew chief is, he doesn't hear me. I can hear him as he gives me instructions like "we are half way" and telling me who the competitor is in front of me and counts me down in my pits. I say "chief" and nothing happens anymore. No beep, no response. I checked all my sound related adjustments and all are good. Testing my mic works every time. People on Iracing can hear me. I added what it says in crew chief as an attachment. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Update to Help "Confidence Levels" may help: https://mr_belowski.gitlab.io/CrewCh...nTraining.html

thank you

Thank you so much for the help. I lowered the confidence levels in sound properties and now all is well. I had no idea that you can change these settings or how until you pointed me in the right direction. I thought for awhile there I was just going to have to live with it since I tried searching it and found nothing on the web about it. Thanks again

as a newbie I have the same issues with voice recognition. that's why I would like to know, which settings did you change exactly under sound properties and to which values did you lower the confidence levels to get it working. would be great hearing from you and many thanks :-)

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    there are 2 sets of confidence thresholds. If you've got "Prefer Windows speech recognition" enabled then the app will use the built-in Windows speech recogniser (which needs to be properly trained). In this case, the main settings is "Min voice recognition confidence (Windows recogniser)". If you have that property disabled you want "Min voice recognition confidence (Microsoft recogniser)".

There are 3 more confidence levels for each recogniser:
    Min name voice recognition confidence - this sets how sensitive the recogniser is when your commands include driver names. It should be lower than the main threshold
    Min trigger word confidence - this sets how sensitive the recogniser is when listening for a trigger word. It should be higher than the main threshold to avoid false-positives
    Min rally voice recognition confidence - this sets how sensitive the recogniser is when you're creating rally stage notes (Dirt Rally / Dirt Rally 2 / Richard Burns Rally only). It should be lower than the main threshold

The correct values vary depending on your voice and your microphone. When you make a voice command the app will print out (to the main console window) what it thinks it heard and its confidence (i.e. how confident the app is that it recognised the speech correctly). Use this as a guide - if the app seems to recognise the speech OK but the confidence is lower than the threshold try a value that's a bit lower than the confidence the app prints into the console

thanks a lot. just one question at least, making the mic more sensitive and quicker reacting on voice commands, do IO have to lower the value or do I have to increase the value?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Try lowering it

I don't get it to work even I lower the values by -0.3, chief doesn't hear me I cry out everything and even I follow the steps by Mr. Belowski. I'm a bit dissapointed honestly. Any idea to solve it?