Thread: New to CC and iRacing

New to CC and iRacing

I just downloaded CC last night and had no problems with the download, I thought. When I start up the app it does not appear in my system tray and hence not working on iRacing. I run Windows 10, I looked through the FAQ and this forum and couldn't find anything. I'm sure its a fairly simple issue. Thanks for helping, I'm looking forward to getting this going!!

Cheers

Mike

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Sounds like it crashed on startup. Are there any .Net errors in the windows event log (in the application section)?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Sounds like it crashed on startup. Are there any .Net errors in the windows event log (in the application section)?
    There were no errors that i could see from the Event Viewer-apps from yesterday when I installed CC. I'm trying to uninstall now but its taking a while.

By default the app should show a big window on startup, not minimise to system tray.

Have you ever installed it before? Perhaps your antivirus software is blocking it?

That was my first attempt to install it. I do get the warnings from the anti-virus software but have been able to bypass this step with other apps, like SDK. After I install is there something else i need to do to "activate" the app?

no, after install if you launch the app it'll open its main UI window. If there's no .Net error in the the event logs and the app isn't appearing it's a fair bet that it's been nuked by your AV software. What's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\?

thank you so much! i was able to get it to work1!!