Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Spotter Voice - Jims on holiday.

Hi!
    I also got the problem of a sudden lost spotter, just as reported above, after just having had CC installed for a couple of weeks or so. At the moment the spotter disappeared, Raceroom, the game I'm, currently using, had just got a massive update, so I thought it might be the reason for the spotter gone on holiday. But as I'm a bit of the sort that can't wait for the holidays to be over, I started preparing for a full uninstall and reinstall of CC with just default settings. While I was doing screen dumps of all my own settings that I knew had worked before, I noticed that I had recently changed a (new?) setting that I had forgot that I enabled. It's called "Realistic mode". So I tried to uncheck that box before going through all the pain with new installation, and VOILA! My spotter had all of a sudden made it back to his/her workplace again!

I don't know if that's the whole story, but check that setting first before you go nuts and do a complete makeover! Worked like a charm for me!

EDIT: Just noted that mr belowski had already spotted this workaround QUOTE=mr_belowski;7957]Reinstall won't reset settings. Sounds like you've enabled 'realistic mode', turns off the spotter on road courses[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you all!

And BTW: thanks for a FANTASTIC "plugin" prog that makes my gaming experience 500% more enjoyable and realistic! Thank you for developing this! I can't imagine how many hours you must have spent making this work so well as it does with hundreds of different messages and different choices for all those racing games and decoding all those output protocols. Absolutely AMAZING! I will happily donate what my small pocket can offer and will do so shortly. And give my best regards and thanks to Clare, my favourite spotter, for her contribution to CC!
    Last edited by Lemmy; 29-12-2020 at 19:57.

Oh dear, my iRacing spotter has gone on holiday again. This time there have been no updates, and no changes that I can think of. However, I do have a further clue...

I am using a separate audio device for the spotter: bluetooth headphones. All other sounds go to the speaker, with just the spotter messages going to the headphones. This isn't as odd as it sounds, as I'm using Aftershockz bone conduction headphones, so my ears are not covered. When it works it works extremely well, as the spotter messages are "in my head", and everything else is on the speaker.

But for some reason lately the spotter does not speak to me on the headset when iRacing is running. I get the start-up message (before iRacing loads), but after that all I hear is the radio background sound from the main speakers.

However... if I do not use the separate headset and instead route everything to the speakers, then it all works fine. So somehow the problem is associated with using the separate device.

are you using a 5.1 or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    are you using a 5.1 or something ?
    No. Stereo to the speakers, and stereo to the headset. So 2.0 + 2.0.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12