Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Spotter Voice - Jims on holiday.

No Spotter Voice - Jims on holiday.

Good afternoon all

I have been running CC for a few months now and it has worked perfectly until last night when I finally got around to updating. Since the update I have lost the "car left" "car right" "hes still there" etc. Jim still tells me about timings, laps etc just nothing about the position of the cars which did make one race a bit awkward. I have tried reinstalling it but it hasnt worked.

Is there a fix to this or is there a way to download an older version which I know works.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmint87 View Post
    Good afternoon all

I have been running CC for a few months now and it has worked perfectly until last night when I finally got around to updating. Since the update I have lost the "car left" "car right" "hes still there" etc. Jim still tells me about timings, laps etc just nothing about the position of the cars which did make one race a bit awkward. I have tried reinstalling it but it hasnt worked.

Is there a fix to this or is there a way to download an older version which I know works.

Thanks in advance.
    I am experience the same problem. I did a complete reinstall of the CC but still no spotter. What we gonna do?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Reinstall won't reset settings. Sounds like you've enabled 'realistic mode', turns off the spotter on road courses

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmint87 View Post
    Good afternoon all

Thanks in advance.
    Friend, I did na clean install of the CC and my spotter came back. But you have to clean everything related to CC on your computer, then install again and config, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Fasa View Post
    Friend, I did na clean install of the CC and my spotter came back. But you have to clean everything related to CC on your computer, then install again and config, good luck!
    How do you do a complete uninstall? I’ve tried to delete the app using the uninstall mode and also trashing the items in my documents but my presets keep coming back up when I re install

the app's settings are in C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Britton_IT_Ltd\

To reset the app to its original settings, delete this folder and Documents\CrewChiefV4\

Hello,

I have the same problem that I don´t heard the Messages but I heard the Background sounds. I did a complete clean reinstall but didn't help.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mckostan View Post
    Hello,

I have the same problem that I don´t heard the Messages but I heard the Background sounds. I did a complete clean reinstall but didn't help.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Similar problem here. It used to work fine, but lately I get the correct voices at the initial radio check, but nothing after that apart from the radio sound. So Jim is pressing his transmit button, but he's lost his voice.

If it works for the radio check but doesn't work in game, then the game is doing something funky to your sound playback device - perhaps it's taking exclusive control or aggressively 'ducking' volume or something. I don't think fiddling with CC will get you anywhere, it's most likely the game or the windows sound settings

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    If it works for the radio check but doesn't work in game, then the game is doing something funky to your sound playback device - perhaps it's taking exclusive control or aggressively 'ducking' volume or something. I don't think fiddling with CC will get you anywhere, it's most likely the game or the windows sound settings
    Magically working again now - thanks.

The only thing that has changed is an iRacing update, so I guess the problem must have been theirs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast