Thread: Not working in iRacing after latest update

Not working in iRacing after latest update

Been using CC flawlessly for a few months, updated it today and fired it up before official IMSA practice, got the "Radio check," then once I was in the session... nothing. Haven't changed any setting on my PC or game, and CC was 100% operational every time I ever opened it until today.

This was in the log:

17:29:25.815 : New session phase, was Unavailable now Countdown
    17:29:25.815 : Error mapping game data: Object reference not set to an instance of an object., at CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingGameStateMapper.mapToGa meStateData(Object memoryMappedFileStruct, GameStateData previousGameState) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\iRacing\iRacingGameStateMapper.cs:line 1214
    at CrewChiefV4.CrewChief.Run(String filenameToRun, Boolean dumpToFile) in C:\projects\crewchief_c_sharp\CrewChiefV4\CrewChie fV4\CrewChief.cs:line 619

CC is pretty much mandatory running IMSA in GT3 so I need to know if I can do something about this!

Ditto. Same error.

Having an issue after today’s update too. When I pull out of the pits it sometimes tells me the pit speed limiter. When I’m about 3/4 around the track I hear him come on and say “pit exit is clear” or “car approaching”. But I’m almost done with my first lap.

Same here, using a previous version I had saved so far

Quote Originally Posted by wilxuh View Post
    I hope I still have the previous version on my pc. Need this fixed before the petite Le Mans.

Made an account to report the same. It starts up with iRacing Manager and it will do the test but it hasn't vocally said any "car left" or anything. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by wilxuh View Post
    Ooooh how can one do this? It seems to ask for updates pretty frequently (or just always before I'm about to do a race session...) and if the update is borked even 1% of the time I'd like to have a backup. I've never actually had an issue where I was hoping for an update until today.

I went online to re-install, hoping the version wouldn't be the newest one but the same issue happened. Glad to see it's not a me thing, although shame for everyone else who won't be racing until it's fixed. Guess I'll do solo practice for next week, but only got one IMSA race in this week so far.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    the latest hotfix release (4.13.1.6) *should* fix these crashes

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    the latest hotfix release (4.13.1.6) *should* fix these crashes
    The new update works! Great job team. Hopefully all the other threads that were started notice that the fix is available.