Thread: Oval Spotter - Three wide

Oval Spotter - Three wide

One thing I've noticed this week using CrewChief as my spotter is the threewide calls. With the iRacing spotter, the spotter will immediately tell you when you are going from two wide to three wide or three wide to two wide. CrewChief will only seem to update you at the interval that you have set in the settings.

It is really important to know immediately whether you are three wide or two wide. Is it possible to update CrewChief so that it immediately tells you when you go from two wide to three wide or three wide to two wide? The same way it tells you when you are clear immediately.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Cc defaults to not reporting 3 wide if you're on the side (left or right) because it can be a little confusing on road courses (message says "car left", then "three wide you're on the right"). Enable the property "Spotter enable three wide left and right".

There are no delays from CC - as soon as the overlap changes it'll trigger a message

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Cc defaults to not reporting 3 wide if you're on the side (left or right) because it can be a little confusing on road courses (message says "car left", then "three wide you're on the right"). Enable the property "Spotter enable three wide left and right".

There are no delays from CC - as soon as the overlap changes it'll trigger a message
    I have the spotter enable three wide left and right selected. I can definitely tell you there is a delay with CC. I often have to read the iRacing spotter text to know that I'm threewide way before CC tells me I'm threewide, the same thing when we go from threewide to two wide. If needed, I can post some clips from my twitch.