Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rFactor Racestart Sound

rFactor Racestart Sound

I notice that if I start from the back for a challenge I never hear the racestart sound and only hear it when near or at the front. Is there a way to add a vocal. The original sound is so low. I've tried editing it in Audacity renaming the new sound as the original but still can't hear it and so, it would be better with a seperate sound from Crew Chief if at all possible.

Any help would be great

Cheers

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Not sure I understand Steve. The volume of all the sounds is the same

Mr Belowski, what I meant was that I'm not sure if you added a racestart sound i.e GO GO GO or something like that. What I was trying to say was, the default sound in rFactor is so low or the settings are way out that you never hear it and I was hoping that you had made one for Crew Chief. Sorry for confusion

Steve

The app does have race start messages so if they're not working this is a bug. I think something similar has been reported for AMS so perhaps it's the same issue. I'll reinstall AMS and have a look

Thanks for that as I have looked and couldn't see anything relating to racestart.

Update, I noticed in the Preferences a box unticked "Play pre-lights messages until cancelled". Is that anything to do with it??

Cheers
    Last edited by tmansteve; 26-08-2017 at 19:02.

hmm... all works fine in AMS

Is there something I need to tick in the Preferences? I didn't see a folder with racestart sounds. I've looked through them all. If this can be sorted, I think I will be happy with that.

Thanks for checking
    Last edited by tmansteve; 27-08-2017 at 19:02.

I'm not sure what you're looking for - the app says "green green green" when the race starts (or at least, it does in AMS and other games). The sounds are all in .../AppData/Local/CrewChiefV4/sounds/

the race start messages are in ...AppData/CrewChiefV4/sounds/voice/lap_counter/green_green_green/

Ok, thanks for checking for me. When I started a race, there was no voice so I will try again. I will check the folder and get back later tomorrow

Steve, if you still see the problem, could you collect repro trace for us? Please, follow these steps: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...f-repro-traces
    It is possible that as Reiza is changing rF1 codebase, there are differences between AMS and rF1. Trace would help us better understand your problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast