Thread: Crash after installation

Crash after installation

I installed Crew Chief on my Windows 10 system. After installation I tried to start it and I see a dialog box beginning to show and then the application dies. In the Windows application log I can see that it died with exception 0xe0434352

Faulting application name: CrewChiefV4.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f6e3f8e
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x5b4a3325
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000023e49
    Faulting process id: 0x22e8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d69375ba79f696
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 2aa18889-9d05-4e62-b9fb-029e4252fd91
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

The two CrewChief folders only contain setting files, no logs of any sort!

Britton_IT_Ltd.zipCrewChiefV4.zip

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Is there a .Net error in the windows application log, in the event viewer?

If so please post the details. There may be 2 entries in the log

I've got the same thing. It looks like the splash image is missing from the files.
    This is the second error from the eventviewer:

Application: CrewChiefV4.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess)
    at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(System.Uri, System.String)

Exception Info: System.Net.WebException
    at CrewChiefV4.Program+<>c.<LoadSplashImage>b__3_0()
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Application: CrewChiefV4.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: NAudio.MmException at NAudio.Wave.WaveInEvent.OpenWaveInDevice() at NAudio.Wave.WaveInEvent.StartRecording() at CrewChiefV4.SpeechRecogniser.<recognizeAsync>b__37 1_0() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()</

There was only one.

I did actually get the same one in a different log entry:

Application: CrewChiefV4.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess)

Exception Info: System.Net.WebException
    at CrewChiefV4.Program+<>c.<LoadSplashImage>b__3_0()
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    latest release fixes this - if you download the app again it should be safe to install it.

Thanks!

I will download and reinstall!

Anker