Thread: suggestion to make personalisation easier

suggestion to make personalisation easier

Would it be possible to have one spotter voice pack is generated by recording the output of one of the common text-to-speech solution, such as one of the Microsoft options? Then maybe people could generate their own personalisation by recording the speech output?

Until then please could you add "Nigel" when you have time? Many thanks, donation on the way for a great tool.
    IP

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    is there something wrong with the Nigel that's already in the personalisations list?
    IP

I'm sorry, I can't see that.
    The names go from Nieto, Niewouldt, then to Night in the list I can see...
    IP

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    that's odd. It's been part of the app for ages. Here's a zip file with the missing sounds - unzip this to c:\Users\[user name]\AppData\local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\personalisations

http://crewchief.isnais.de/Nigel.zip
    IP

No it's OK. Found it, thanks. If I type it in, it comes up, but it's not in the correct place in the list alphabetically - so I assumed it's not there....
    IP

Name:  Nigel.jpg
Views: 1642
Size:  7.6 KB

Oh I see, there are two groups of names, the 890 fully personalised by Mr_Belowski and the 9,700 where just the name is merged in with other speech to make the full messages. Nigel is fully personalised, you found Nieto etc. that are just the name. There seems to be some weirdness in the way the dropdown control handles 10,000 items because I sometimes also see

Name:  Nigel2.jpg
Views: 1654
Size:  36.2 KB
    We're not going to lose sleep over that. The names are all there.
    IP

Yes, I think that is why I couldn't find it first go. Thanks for explaining.
    IP