Thread: Where's Jim?

Where's Jim?

First... I'm new to iRacing and CrewChief. I'm not very tech savvy, and I have a problem. Have no idea what happened from yesterday to today, but Jim has gone missing. When I start Crew Chief, there's no 'radio check'. While on track, no Jim at all for the usual section and lap time updates. I can't drive without Jim. He's become necessary. I noticed this morning that I needed to update the sound pack and personalization file. No Jim before the update, nor after. Everything else seems the same as yesterday, when he was in my ears as usual. Anyone ever had this issue? Was he made a better employment offer from another team? Please help me get my Jim back. Thanks.

Debug logs please you can find them here C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Documents\CrewChiefV4\debugLog s

Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    When I start Crew Chief, there's no 'radio check'.
    Have you clicked Start application?

Not OP but I'm experiencing same thing. Been using this awesome piece of software for nearly 3 years, after update today I hear the background noise but no spotter when I click Start Application.

Quote Originally Posted by skullbussa View Post
    Not OP but I'm experiencing same thing. Been using this awesome piece of bestessays service software for nearly 3 years, after update today I hear the background noise but no spotter when I click Start Application.
    I guess this issue is quite common. I've seen some other messages regarding it too!
    Last edited by suepatrick; 28-09-2020 at 14:44.

right click on your sound icon on the bottom right side near your time.
    click open sound settings.
    on the right side click sound control panel.
    locate what device you use for sound and right click and then click on properties
    go to advanced tab
    uncheck "ALLOW APPLICAITONS TO TAKE EXCLUSIVE CONTROL OF THIS DEVICE"
    this should fix your issue.