Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: pit menu manager

@JimmyT PM sent

I have attached the fuel and pit strategy from rF2 here, this is the default for the car I'm driving but I have changed this to see if it affects the outcome.
    I have tried without any other plugin except DAMPlugin and Steam Plugin (I usually have MotionSystems_rFactor2Connector64.dll running as well but removed that for a further test)
    I've looked at all the settings in rF2 and can't see anything that I thought might conflict (I changed to a standard HUD, usually use SMG. I use the standard hangar for showroom and the standard GUI from S397)
    The degug version of CC uses all default settings and the only thing I changed in that was to select push to talk.
    When I went to shut down CC debug I got this message. (attached error message)

I appreciate the effort you're putting in for my benefit and I hope the feedback I'm giving is helping in some way (I really do want this to be a success story)
    Thanks again for your time.

JT
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by JimmyT; 12-09-2020 at 23:23.

Just to let you know, I got a mate who uses rF2 and CC to give this a try and he gets the same result as I do. We are both in Australia (not sure if that makes a difference)
    Last edited by JimmyT; 13-09-2020 at 05:47.

OK, I should have put in a warning message. You have to edit Player.JSON to set "Relative Fuel Strategy":FALSE CC sets the actual fuel level rather than how much to add (though I think with a bit more code it could do both, I’ll look into that). When "Relative Fuel Strategy":TRUE the fuel display is +20/5 but CC works with 20/5

In your"...\UserData\player\player.JSON" file, there is an option called "Relative Fuel Strategy".
    It is set to "true" by default meaning that the amount of Fuel you have selected will be added to what will be left in the tank at the moment of your pitstop. If you prefer your tank to be filled to this amount of Fuel, then you need to change this value to "false".
    Be carefull when modifying this file to respect the comma (",") at the end of each line !
    Thanks for your help getting to the bottom of this

Being in Australia doesn’t affect it though I was beginning to wonder if it was an internationalisation/language difference

Will give it a go and report back. Thanks again for taking the time to help me out.

OK gave that a test and it worked as advertised. THANK YOU. I will pass the info on to my friend.

I see I'll need to be careful how I use it, as now the car fills to the amount I specify, where I've been used to it filling BY the amount specified.
    You said you may look into whether you could make it work for both scenarios, I would appreciate that if it isn't going to cause you an excessive amount of extra work.

JT
    Last edited by JimmyT; 13-09-2020 at 09:58.

Right, we've sacked that guy for lazy programming and poor documentation, the new guy Se7en Smiles will be updating the code to do things properly.

My apologies, I edited my previous post. Thanks.
    If Se7en Smiles could look at making that fuel work in both scenarios it would be appreciated. (don't be too hard on the old programmer)

Fixed in V 4.13.1.0

Thank you so much, I appreciate the fact the you guys go the extra mile.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast