Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incorrect rolling grid side

Incorrect rolling grid side

Recently CrewChief is telling me to keep on the wrong side of rolling starts
    "Stay behind car 11 on the right side" but he should say left

Quote Originally Posted by MartinL View Post
    Recently CrewChief is telling me to keep on the wrong side of rolling starts
    "Stay behind car 11 on the right side" but he should say left
    I posted the same issue yesterday. Maybe we’ll get some responses with 2 of us having the issue.

Anyone find a solution?

That one got me at first. I believe CC is talking about grid order before the green light so you don't get a penalty. i.e. if your 3rd in the grid (Right side) you need to stay behind the car in second position which would be on your left side. The confusing bit is the word behind. CC doesn't mean directly behind, it just means when your running alongside in a grid formation you cant be ahead of the car in second position when you get the green light. So crew chief is saying things correctly but it is confusing. A Less confusing alternative I can think of, might be. "Stay on the right, don't get in front of car X before the green light". But you still have the confusion of "in front" etc. Its a difficult one to word for CC.
    Last edited by DroppedGear; 26-10-2020 at 09:37.

Quote Originally Posted by DroppedGear View Post
    That one got me at first. I believe CC is talking about grid order before the green light so you don't get a penalty. i.e. if your 3rd in the grid (Right side) you need to stay behind the car in second position which would be on your left side. The confusing bit is the word behind. CC doesn't mean directly behind, it just means when your running alongside in a grid formation you cant be ahead of the car in second position when you get the green light. So crew chief is saying things correctly but it is confusing. A Less confusing alternative I can think of, might be. "Stay on the right, don't get in front of car X before the green light". But you still have the confusion of "in front" etc. Its a difficult one to word for CC.
    I don't think that's it because its telling you which lane to stay in and the car it says to follow behind is the one directly in front of you.

For example:
    CrewChief says: Stay in the Right lane behind car number 5.
    iRacing GUI displays: Stay in the Left lane behind car number 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin View Post
    I don't think that's it because its telling you which lane to stay in and the car it says to follow behind is the one directly in front of you.

For example:
    CrewChief says: Stay in the Right lane behind car number 5.
    iRacing GUI displays: Stay in the Left lane behind car number 5.
    Ahhhh Got that one wrong then... Ahh well. lol!

Thanks for clarifying.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    There was a bug in the iRacing data where it always reported the wrong side. I think this is fixed but there's still a piece of work to do on our (Crew Chief's) side to make use of the working data

What's the source of the bug? I might be able to fix if I knew where to start.

Is there any update on this issue? I still am told to line up on the opposite side that I should be on. Just curious.

There is no any update, its simply providing incorrect info on what side pole is, and we are still waiting for them to fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast