Thread: Radio Check then ambient noise

Radio Check then ambient noise

When I start iRacing, CrewChief also starts. He says "Radio Check" and then I hear a lot of background ambient noise. This goes away after I pull out of the pits.
    Any idea why this happens and how to turn it off?

Even when not in a game. If I start CrewChief I also hear the sound after "Radio Check" but that does go away after 1-2 seconds.

Besides this everything else works fine.
    Last edited by Spoolin; 11-07-2020 at 02:21.

I believe you're describing the "Background volume" setting (next to "Message volume" at the top of the app). I suggest turning that all the way down. I think that feature is to simulate that if you were hearing your spotter in reality, there'd be additional background noise coming from the pit area. I prefer to turn that setting completely off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunwich Karl View Post
    I believe you're describing the "Background volume" setting (next to "Message volume" at the top of the app). I suggest turning that all the way down. I think that feature is to simulate that if you were hearing your spotter in reality, there'd be additional background noise coming from the pit area. I prefer to turn that setting completely off.
    That was exactly it, thank you so much! It was starring me right in the face and I didn't even think to look at that.

hi my voice reognition mode isnt highlighted when i start crew chief but its highlighted when i stop it