Thread: spotter

Unhappy spotter

I'm using CC with rFactor2 and the spotter doesn't work. The log is full of messages like this :14:24:11.926 : Warning: no subtitle found for "C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\vo ice\spotter_TJ\car_inside\11.wav". What do I need to do about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martin View Post
    I'm using CC with rFactor2 and the spotter doesn't work. The log is full of messages like this :14:24:11.926 : Warning: no subtitle found for "C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\vo ice\spotter_TJ\car_inside\11.wav". What do I need to do about this?

Are you using alternative voice pack (stock cars one?). The messages are likely caused by lack of subtitle files in the pack or subtitles not supporting alt packs yet. But it should not affect spotter functionality.

I guess first step is to change back to default voice (Jim) and make sure "Realistic mode" is off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Are you using alternative voice pack (stock cars one?). The messages are likely caused by lack of subtitle files in the pack or subtitles not supporting alt packs yet. But it should not affect spotter functionality.

I guess first step is to change back to default voice (Jim) and make sure "Realistic mode" is off.
    Switched to Jim and made sure Realistic mode is off. This is what I get now: Message spotter/car_right can't be played because there is no sound for text fragment spotter/car_right
    16:17:56.477 : Message push_now/opponent_exiting_pits can't be played because there is no sound for text fragment push_now/opponent_exiting_pits
    16:17:58.871 : Message spotter/still_there can't be played because there is no sound for text fragment spotter/still_there

Switched to Jim and made sure Realistic mode is off. Still same problem
    Please send me the screenshot of the CC main window and full console output while game is running. You could send me log privately if you prefer.

Switched to Jim and made sure Realistic mode is off. This is what I get now: Message spotter/car_right can't be played because there is no sound for text fragment spotter/car_right
    16:17:56.477 : Message push_now/opponent_exiting_pits can't be played because there is no sound for text fragment push_now/opponent_exiting_pits
    16:17:58.871 : Message spotter/still_there can't be played because there is no sound for text fragment spotter/still_there
    Note that not all spotters have all phrases. If this is happening with "Jim" as spotter, maybe best to re-download sounds by deleting current sounds (see FAQ for locations of sound files).

I'll try that. Thank you!

That fixed it!! Thank you!