Thread: Crew Chief doesn't work with standalone installation of Stock Car Extreme

Exclamation Crew Chief doesn't work with standalone installation of Stock Car Extreme

I have a standalone installation of Stock Car Extreme.
    When I select the game in the list of Crew Chief I make sure to edit the path of the game. In my case is D:\Games\GSC2013\GSC.exe

But then I start Crew Chief and it says it needs to install files for it to work. I'm okay with that, so I click Accept. But then I start the game and Crew Chief doesn't work.

Then I stop Crew Chief and start it again and it tells me again it needs to install the required files!

What's wrong? Am I doing something wrong? Do I must do something more apart from defining the path of the game?.

Thanks!

I just tried with the Steam copy of Stock Car Extreme that I own. It doesn't work either.
    Crew Chief doesn't seem to install the required files for it to work, because everytime I start, it tells me it needs to install required files.

So the issue really is that Crew Chief doesn't work with Stock Car Extreme. Steam or standalone install.
    Last edited by foxtochop; 15-06-2020 at 21:21.

34 views, no replies...

try and copy the file manually to you plugin folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\plugins\rFactor\Plugins into D:\Games\GSC2013\Plugins

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    try and copy the file manually to you plugin folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\plugins\rFactor\Plugins into D:\Games\GSC2013\Plugins
    It worked, but everytime I start CrewChief it tells me it needs to install required files, even when I copied them manually. Why is that?

Its a bug in the code none on the dev team has GSC I guess so correct path was never added.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    Its a bug in the code none on the dev team has GSC I guess so correct path was never added.
    I just realized in my Crew Chief installation theres no option for "install path" for GSC. Just the exe path. Every other game has install path AND exe path options. Maybe that's why?

If it is, this needs to be addressed in an update.