Thread: Name Request: Nolan and an Idea for Names

Name Request: Nolan and an Idea for Names

Hello Jim,

Thank you for you and your team's hard work creating and further developing this wonderful and very useful tool!

I would just like to request the addition of Nolan to the list of names you can choose from (Norman is alright but I like my own name more haha). I'm also surprised that it wasn't already in the list because someone named Nolan worked on the sound conversions for this!

I also had an idea for the name selection but I'm not sure if it's possible because I have no idea how CrewChief is coded, and I have limited coding experience. Would it be possible to be able to have your name in the program be an editable text box? I've noticed that in Assetto Corsa online the crew chief voice is able to pronounce the names of other people in the lobby, so could it be coded to try to pronounce any name you put into the text field? This would also remove the need to add names and you wouldn't be inundated with name suggestions (if this is even possible).

Thanks for reading this and I hope you have a healthy and great weekend!

-Nolan
    IP

All the names (and all the messages) are individually recorded by Jim (in several variations) so pronouncing a name from text in Jim's voice isn’t feasible.
    IP