Thread: Voice recognition

Voice recognition (solved)

When I first installed crew chief I was actually very surprised at how good the voice recognition was. Basically understood everything I said. For the past 6 months it just keeps getting worst. Now it hardly recognizes anything. Always asking to repeat. And when he answers he answers something different than I asked. Like I'll ask how is my fuel and he will answer you tires are fine. Nothing has has changed in my set or hardware. I have Sennheiser game zero headset. Which I believe are pretty good. I seem to remember using a software to "tune" my mic when I originally set this up. The software showed graphs with peaks and valleys when you spoke into the mic and you could tune based on that. But can't seem to find any info on it now. Any ideas on this software or what I can do to improve voice recognition.
    Last edited by freeon; 03-05-2020 at 23:27.

After searching the internet I found the software I was looking for. It's called audacity. https://www.audacityteam.org/ After tuning my mic with this software. CrewChief has gone from not understanding anything to understanding everything.

once im in iracing he cant hear me

Quote Originally Posted by freeon View Post
    After searching the internet I found the software I was looking for. It's called audacity. After tuning my mic with this software. CrewChief has gone from not understanding anything to understanding everything.
    Mind sharing how you tuned your microphone in Audacity? I've used the software before as an editing tool but never to manipulate live inputs. Any help is appreciated!

yes i did . I used Audicity . Ive tried everything and still the same thing. Once in the game he cant hear me ????

Thank you