Thread: Free Practice Issue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Free Practice Issue

I haven't used FP for a while but started to practice for a career event at Catalunya National with the BMW 320Turbo.

When CC called the splits no matter what time I had done it always said sector 3 was 10 seconds of the pace. I could have beaten my best time and it would still say 10 seconds - I think once it said 9.2 seconds

Thinking about this I did a career practice session at Laguna tonight as well and the 3rd sector time was always wrong and I was even told I was 30 or 50 seconds of the pace - at the time I just ignored it as one of those things but with the same issue in FP thought I would report it

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Thanks dude, I'll look into it - this is the PC app, yes?

Yes using pc version with xbox

looks like weird data from the game - the game's reported lastSector3Time appears to actually be the lastSector3Time + lastSector1Time, for some odd reason.

I've got other ways of calculating this value so I'll ignore what the game sends for it - fix will be in the next version

Hi

I have updated to version 4.7.8.0 and the sector 3 timing seems ok now - thanks, unfortunately there is a but as I am now not receiving any fuel updates (not talk to CC updates ) but the general fuel reports which normally inform me how much or how long

Thanks

that's weird. I did make some changes to that code last week so it reports the usage per lap as well as the estimated fuel remaining. It was working OK for me but a lot has changed in the app recently so stuff does sometimes fall down the cracks, so to speak. Were there any error messages in the console?

Just to be clear, these are the app-triggered (rather than voice command) fuel-status messages, yes?

yes these are the app-triggered fuel status messages

just reviewed the console as I leave it open generally and there was no error messages , but no fuel messages either

just an update on this . I went back into career and the fuel messages are there so it must be related to FP in Pcars