Thread: Feature Suggestion: Live Help

Lightbulb Feature Suggestion: Live Help

Hello,

Sometimes I can't recall the correct phrase to say to CrewChief. So I have to go back to the speech_recognition_config.txt and look for the correct sentences, and once I get back in the game a day or two later, I again forgot what I was supposed to say for CC to understand me !

So my suggestion is a live help :
    • saying "chief help <topic>" would show an ordered list (1, 2, 3, ...) on screen with all (or a selected set) of the available mappings matching <topic>
    • selecting "chief help <topic> <number>" would show all the available sentences for that mapping

Example :
    • "chief help lap" would show on screen

1. WHAT_WAS_MY_LAST_LAP_TIME
      2. WHATS_MY_BEST_LAP_TIME
      3. WHATS_THE_FASTEST_LAP_TIME
      4. ENABLE_MANUAL_FORMATION_LAP
      5. DISABLE_MANUAL_FORMATION_LAP
    • -
    • "chief help lap 3" would show on screen :
    • WHATS_THE_FASTEST_LAP_TIME = what's the fastest lap:what's the fastest lap time

Cheers and thanks for the great program !

Following my "feature suggestion", I created (for myself but thought I would share) a CrewChief commands and associated sentences "cheatsheet" :
    - I list (all ?) available commands from <CC_install_dir>\speech_recognition_config.txt
    - I also list some sentences I added in the %userprofile%\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\speech_rec ognition_config.txt to give ideas about what this spreadsheet can help for
    - there is a search engine so you can find all commands that contain "LAP" or all sentences that contain "lap" (only caveat so far, search string cannot contain a single quote, it doesn't return any result and I didn't bother finding a workaround so you cannot search for "what's" (but you can search for "what" ! ))

I plan to :
    - add the available macros too
    - create a script that would generate the %userprofile%\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\speech_rec ognition_config.txt from this google sheet (don't be in a hurry...)

Here it is in case that would help anyone to find out in a "fancy" way the many CC commands available :
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ft8Pwu6f2ZpSI/
    Last edited by Wahooo; 30-03-2020 at 13:08.

The idea is good, i might be look into it at some point, but got other things in the workings that i want to finish first

My cheat sheet: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ull=1#post4662

I still can't remember the commands