Thread: Feature suggestion: Declare Rivals/Teammates

Feature suggestion: Declare Rivals/Teammates

First of all, I have to thank you for this awesome app. I couldn't know how to race without it.
    I don't know if this is the correct forum for this but I have a feature suggestion.

I normally don't race alone, I like to race with people I know because it adds something to the race if you fight against your rival or friend and not just random people from the internet.
    I would like to declare names as rivals in Crew Chief so that Jim keeps me updated on their status when they are pitting, going off track, etc. It would add to realism too because in real life they keep the drivers also updated about their teammates or championship rivals. In the setting, you would simply add the names (semicolon separated) and Jim knows who he needs to look after. I don't know if iRacing sends all the needed data but positions, best laps, pit stop or incidents should be possible.
    What do other people think about this? It's the only thing I am missing from the F1 (Codemasters) series, where this feature was integrated, back when they still had online coop.

I agree, that would be a great feature

Yes agreed. I registered on this forum to suggest this feature. I'd like to have some kind of INI file where I could add my team-mates by CustomerId (iRacing member ID) and for that to be automatically picked up and have their times read out to me. Is there any prospect of this?

+1 to this. The feature is great as implemented (possibly in response to the OP on this thread?), but I would love to be able to map it as a macro or have it auto-configured. So a way to configure iracing ID's or names would be ace.

its is already possible to add names of opponents to a list of drivers to get more reports on. they can be added to a list in the properties "watched opponents" or by the voice command "watch/monitor opponent name", "teammate/rival opponent name"

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Note that I had to remove the "watch..." command, so it's now just "monitor" / "team mate" / "rival"

Nice one, thank you both - removal of the "watch" command explains why I couldn't "stop watching all drivers"!

How do I add multiple driver names to the options field, comma separated didn't seem to work - semi-colons? Quoted list ("Driver A" "Driver B")?