Thread: reporting fuel in gallons

Question reporting fuel in gallons

I guess this is an old issue, but I'm sure there's a big user base of Americans that would love to be able to ask CC about fuel and know the gallons remaining, instead of liters. As it is, you have to guesstimate on the fly.
    Personally, I don't like overlays to flip thru taking my attention off the track, so using voice with CC is really cool. If I knew my fuel exactly on it'd help me by knowing when to conserve, as I want to carry the minimum possible. doing rough conversion estimates hasn't worked, as either I run out by overestimating or carried to much/pit to soon.
    I'm really no good at math and using voice with CC has helped me concentrate more on the races so I don't have to clutter my screen or flip thru the black box.

thanks for any info or tips!

Quote Originally Posted by chmn22s View Post
    I guess this is an old issue, but I'm sure there's a big user base of Americans that would love to be able to ask CC about fuel and know the gallons remaining, instead of liters. As it is, you have to guesstimate on the fly.
    Personally, I don't like overlays to flip thru taking my attention off the track, so using voice with CC is really cool. If I knew my fuel exactly on it'd help me by knowing when to conserve, as I want to carry the minimum possible. doing rough conversion estimates hasn't worked, as either I run out by overestimating or carried to much/pit to soon.
    I'm really no good at math and using voice with CC has helped me concentrate more on the races so I don't have to clutter my screen or flip thru the black box.

thanks for any info or tips!

This can already be done. Go to properties and about 3/4 ways down is a box that says " Report fuel in gallons" Just check that box and your good to go.

nope. setting this to either value has no effect. double checked properties and restarted CC; didn't work, so I exited CC and iR, restarted them, began a test session, asked CC "fuel" and still get liters.
    I'll try to poke around to see if there's a config or ini file to see if properties are getting written I can edit by hand.

Do you have iRacing highlighted in the game selection screen before "Clicking" on properties?

Side note that will be of interest to nobody, but I just checked: CC reports US gallons (which is fair enough as no-one in the UK refers to petrol in (Imperial) gallons anymore).

Edit: CC is excluding a bunch of simracers though: "As of 2019, the imperial gallon continues to be used as a unit of measure in Anguilla, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Montserrat, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, and St. Vincent & the Grenadines."
    Last edited by Seven Smiles; 12-04-2020 at 16:15.

Yes, I only do iRacing, so it's highlighted, double checked it a few times trying to set up preferences.I stopped using CC tho, it was frustrating it wouldn't report imperial gallons when queried, the check box has no effect. iR's spotter approximates most of the things I wanted CC for. Most people just rely on overlays and the visual stat so I make due and just got used to taking a quick look on straightaways.

CC is good for timing; relatives and deltas.