Thread: Crew Chief has stopped working

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crew Chief has stopped working

Hi,

I installed crew chief to use with tracing about three weeks ago. I set it up and it worked really well then about 10 days ago it wouldn't launch anymore.

I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it countless times, but once it has installed and I get to the screen with the tick box saying "Launch Crew Chief", I tick, finish and then nothing happens?

Can you help me please?

Paul

sorry, I meant "iracing"

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    try renaming the folder C:/Users/[user name]/AppData/local/britton_it_ltd/and the folder Documents/CrewChiefV4/

then launch the app

If it does launch, something in your settings is breaking it. The app is (obviously) not supposed to crash regardless of the settings so it would be help if you could zip up those 2 folders and upload them so I can take a look and work out what's causing the issue

Thank You,

That worked. I'm not very good with PCs, can you explain why it worked please?

Paul

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    something in the settings (either the ones in Documents or the ones in AppData) are stopping the app from launching. Without being able to see what's in those files I don't know what it is - which is why i need to see them