Thread: missing dependency

missing dependency

I just downloaded Crew Chief the first thing that pops up when I click on the icon is this "missing dependency" message.Name:  missing depend. Crew Chief.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  20.6 KB.

If I click "OK" it opens up my browser to a microsoft page. Name:  missing depend. Crew Chief 1.jpg
Views: 978
Size:  19.7 KB

The download is for 20-30 speech software files... I downloaded this thinking I needed it for CC.

Then I noticed the green highlight updates asking me to click to update sound pack, driver names, and personalizations in CC. I clcik it to loads something then ask to restart. Once CC closes I get the same message "missing dependency"

My question is what is this? CC works still but I notice that not all the features are working, like the spotter calling out wrecks in front of me and swearing.

Thank you for any help

I second this. Fresh install.
    I did tried the file in the sticky thread too.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    the error handling in CC for the missing speech recognition dependencies was a little broken. It'll be fixed in the next release so you'll see the intended error messages that direct you to the correct packages. There are 2 dependencies that need to be installed, the runtime and the language pack. I think CC is currently only directing users to the language pack (even if the runtime isn't installed).

To fix this, first install the speech recognition runtime component, which is here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=27225

then install the language pack from the link you gave in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    the error handling in CC for the missing speech recognition dependencies was a little broken. It'll be fixed in the next release so you'll see the intended error messages that direct you to the correct packages. There are 2 dependencies that need to be installed, the runtime and the language pack. I think CC is currently only directing users to the language pack (even if the runtime isn't installed).

To fix this, first install the speech recognition runtime component, which is here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=27225

then install the language pack from the link you gave in your post.
    This fixed my issue. Thank you for the help.