Thread: Voice Recognition suddenly stops working during iRacing Session

Voice Recognition suddenly stops working during iRacing Session

Since a while I do have an issue that at some time during a session the voice recognition stops working. Do doublecheck with "Can you here me" command whether it works before every session. Communication via discord works flawless - thus no microphone issue.

After re-starting CrewChief voice recognition is working again.

Any advise how to fix the issue is highly appreciated. Using Version 4.10.0.6. (everything up-to das according to CrewChief).

Hmm that seems to be a different failure - because I do here the peep after I press the assigned button.

P.S.: Did some testing and was successfull by changing volume of the output device from 100 to 75 percent. Which doesn't really make sense to me how the speaker volume can influence the speech recognition but if it works I'm fine. Keep you updated on that.

P.S.: With 100% volume I was able to do voice commands if I remove it from my head - but not after I did put it on again. Quite weird.

Still no eliable voice recognition with OculusRift

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinC View Post
    Hmm that seems to be a different failure - because I do here the peep after I press the assigned button.

P.S.: Did some testing and was successfull by changing volume of the output device from 100 to 75 percent. Which doesn't really make sense to me how the speaker volume can influence the speech recognition but if it works I'm fine. Keep you updated on that.

P.S.: With 100% volume I was able to do voice commands if I remove it from my head - but not after I did put it on again. Quite weird.
    Unfortunately reducing the output volume is not getting me back to the reliable functionality like it was weeks ago. Not sure what changed but the issues that voice is not being reliable recognized still persists. Posting the settings of the selected sound device which is my OculusRift.

If someone sees a potential issue with the setting I would appreciate when you advise what to change. Tried it with AKG on/off already no difference.

Name:  Microphone Properties - Advanced.GIF
Views: 1430
Size:  21.9 KB
    Name:  Microphone Properties - Custom.gif
Views: 1405
Size:  15.2 KB
    Name:  Microphone Properties - Levels.GIF
Views: 1425
Size:  16.3 KB
    Name:  Microphone Properties - Listen.GIF
Views: 1411
Size:  25.7 KB

Exclusive mode needs to be turned OFF! so you need to un-check that.