Thread: fuzzed out sound

fuzzed out sound

Hi, I just installed a new sound card. I found the spot in windows that tells crewchief what sound to output (sound blaster audigy Fx) no matter what I do I just cant get the crewchief to speak . .Like when you turn it on it used to say something like radio check. . .now its just fuzz and static.

I used windows uninstaller . . I deleted all the folders and files I could find . .I reinstalled crewchief twice and just cant figure where the problem is . ..It worked perfectly before the new card. . .(everything else in the computer is working like it should sound wise) Any help would be awesome . .

anymore info you might need lemme know. .I'll check back and respond soon as I can.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MSIe28a6 Error 1706. An installation package for the product CrewChiefV4 cannot be found. Try the installation again using a valid copy of the installation package 'CrewChiefV4.msi'.
    === Logging stopped: 1/7/2020 18:24:15 ===

windows 10. .
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Mech_Arm1; 09-01-2020 at 01:41.

Is there anything I should add to the post to make it a reasonable help question? . I did a search and found a post where a guy put a small video with the exact static/fuzz noise I'm getting. But no answer for the fix.

its "No Audio from Spotter or Crewchief??"

any suggestions would be great . .I'm really missing my crew chief in iRacing

Is anything in there helpful? . .I really would like help to figure this out ..I've looked around here for everything I need to delete to get a clean install. .maybe i'm missing something when I uninstall? . I've reloaded about 5 times.

Is it something after about 6 lines down? .. I used yo get a fuzz static noise when I hit start .. . now its just zero output.

Please try to help me .. .Thank you

Please can I get any type of possible solution to my issue? . I've posted and patiently waited for help a few times. . .

Is having a sound blaster card instead of on board sound a possible issue with CrewChief? . .

I really want to get this solved. What else could I post to help with getting an answer.
    Thanks again.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    I'd missed this thread, sorry

Truth is, I have no idea what might be wrong here. The app works with your old sound card but not your new one. Do the sounds in C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\ actually play when you play them with media player or whatever? They're 16bit 22050Hz PCM wav files - perhaps your new sound card doesn't support this format? Although that's a bit unlikely.

Have you tried with and with nAudio Playback enabled? Without nAudio the app will use the default sound playback device - it's worth a try

I'll check those things when I get back to the computer... And reply... Thank you for your time

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\vo ice\radio_check_Billy\test I "right click" on a file inside the test folder and choose "play with windows media player". . It'll play the file.

If I just double click it . .It wont do anything but act like I'm trying to play music or something and this . . . ."Cant play We can't get to the file for this item. If it's downloading or just finished downloading, try again soon. Otherwise, make sure another app isn't using the file and that you can access the place the file is stored. . .0x80070005

I've turned nAudio on and off with no luck . .I can hear what sounds like Jim underneath a sorta static/fuzz noise when I click start.

There is another post in the technical help are called . . . . . . "No Audio from Spotter or Crewchief??" . . . ..the small video the person put is almost exactly the sound I'm getting.

Thank you for any further possible help.

Hi Mech_Arm1

I too had a similar problem and had a short clip of the video noise.

I've managed to fix it now buy going on properties and making sure the game filter said 'All Properties' I then checked the enable nAudio box and also changed my nAudio output to the WASAPI setting.

What went wrong initially, I'm not sure as I just changed my headset - however, whatever I've changed has worked for me, again I don't know why though. I first went through the usual process of making sure the app was using the correct sound source, but only checking those boxes did it work.

**EDIT** Scrap all the above, when I launch iRacing it stops working again.
    Last edited by RobJackson85; 05-02-2020 at 19:19.

Thanks .. I tried those things .. and instead of a static/fuzz sound I got nothing at all ....reset default properties and now its back to at least static/fuzz. .

it really stinks not using Crewchief I got used to having it .. .and as far as I can tell there isn't anything out there that comes close.

I have a strange issue where Jim/Spotter appear to come out of the left or right side after about 30 or so minutes into a race. I run it solely with iRacing and I have Soundblaster Z card. This issue is infrequent. The audio from iRacing will sometimes cut into a mono feed and lose all stereo sound at the same time. Not sure if its CC or iRacing but tried a reinstall of the drivers.