Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crew chief not opening

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Hmm... this error is because the app can't write the real failure message to the Documents\CrewChiefV4\ folder - presumably because that folder doesn't exist (I forgot to check it exists before attempting to write it it). I'll fix that specific issue for the next release. In the mean time, if you create a folder in Documents called CrewChiefV4 and run the app again, it should write a new file in there called startupError.txt, which should contain some details

Thanks for the reply. I manually created the folder but no change, Crech Chief does not start, no error, no txt file in folder.

I'm having the same issues. I added the folder after uninstalling and then reinstalling. No luck yet getting it to open.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    I looked a little deeper into this, and there's a regression (new bug) in the way the app deals with corrupted user settings. Prior to the last release (or maybe the one before, I can't remember) the app would delete the C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Britton_IT_Ltd\ folder if it was unable to load the user's settings. This folder and the user settings file inside it will be recreated on the next app start up, so the app was able to reset itself back to default if the settings were broken. This behaviour no longer works - I've implemented a fix for the next CC release but in the mean time, try deleting the folder manually before trying to start the app

Hi, thanks for the workaround, Crew Chief starts up again. Little addition to the path: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Britton_IT_Ltd
    Last edited by sickhead racing; 23-01-2020 at 09:52.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12