Thread: Not Downloading Personalizations. Driver Names, Sound Pack downloading extremely slow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Not Downloading Personalizations. Driver Names, Sound Pack downloading extremely slow

Just got Assetto Corsa and the community highly recommends this amazing add on, so I downloaded it today.
    The trouble is, the personalizations are not downloading at all, and downloading the sound pack and driver names has been SUUUUPEEER slow, I have very high speed internet and just downloaded Assetto Corsa in no time at all.

anything i can do? maybe download the packs manually and add them to a specific folder if possible? Thanks so much and thanks for making what seems to be an amazing and essential add on to these racing sims.

Just went to the link in the application and copy pasted the personalizations link and when it started downloading, it was moving at about 32 kbs a second, with a 4 hour ETA, tested my connection with another download of a similar size and downloaded in 1 second.

ok, it seems like i may have solved my own problem. If anyone else is having the same issue, try going to Properties, then search ALTERNATIVE in the search bar, then check alternative download site (or something similar) and click save and restart and then give them a try one at a time. took me an hour to get half of the soundpack downloaded before i tried, did this and the soundpack downloaded in about 30 seconds.

cant wait to give this add on a try. thanks to the creators and any testers!

Quote Originally Posted by Muempire View Post
    ok, it seems like i may have solved my own problem. If anyone else is having the same issue, try going to Properties, then search ALTERNATIVE in the search bar, then check alternative download site (or something similar) and click save and restart and then give them a try one at a time. took me an hour to get half of the soundpack downloaded before i tried, did this and the soundpack downloaded in about 30 seconds.

Thank you for posting this - This was taking up my whole day. The main download site is definitely hosed.

Quote Originally Posted by turboclag79 View Post
    Thank you for posting this - This was taking up my whole day. The main download site is definitely hosed.
    same scenario. i downloaded it via my mobile and i have the 3 zip files. now where can i extract the files?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    main download site is definitely not hosed - it's working fine for me and others. Not sure what's wrong for you

the separate sound pack .zip files need to be unpacked into C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\CrewChiefV4\sounds\

so once complete, the ....\sounds\ folder should contain 5 subfolders - background_sounds, driver_names, fx, personalisations and voice. There should also be 2 small text files in the root of the ...\sounds\ folder - sound_pack_version_info.txt and sound_pack_language.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Muempire View Post

Did this, worked a treat from Australia.

Hey guys, i have done all you have said here, but the download is still going very slow. Is there an alternative location i can download these files manually?