Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate to be that guy.. Spotter Volume

Hate to be that guy.. Spotter Volume

I have searched and searched. Maybe i'm missing it. I can hardly hear the spotter over the engine sounds. I have increased the boost in properties and there are no changes at all. Are we able to turn him up. Message volume is set to max. also is there a way to set crewchief to a separate speaker. i had in game spotter set to another channel, but do not see where to do that with this.

Thank you so much in advance

Sorry I am a little late replying, but yes in the properties at the very bottom you will see spotter volume boost (Scale) (Real Number) I think default is probably set at 1 try 2 if not loud enough try increasing it until you are happy with it.

What's the highest setting possible?

I am also having a hard time hearing the messages and spotter.. I have had to turn my in-game sounds way down in AMS2, iR, ACC, RR etc.. I tried the spotter volume boost in the properties however this did nothing.. I tried values from 2 to 50.. Does this only control the spotter and not the messages such as lap numbers etc..?

Just use windows audio mixer to bring the game volume down. Windows will remember the setting, it shall be done only vence. I do not think we can raise volume of our sounds without distorting audio quality and pushing it into clipping.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Just use windows audio mixer to bring the game volume down. Windows will remember the setting, it shall be done only vence. I do not think we can raise volume of our sounds without distorting audio quality and pushing it into clipping.
    Ok no worries I understand.. Thank you for the reply..

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    if you're using nAudio for playback, the spotter volume boost should do *something*

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    if you're using nAudio for playback, the spotter volume boost should do *something*
    Thank you.. How do you set this? I only remember seeing a option for wave or wasapi...

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    if you have that dropdown then you're already using nAudio. The volume boost stuff alters the levels of the .wav files in memory - i'll check tomorrow but it should work

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    if you have that dropdown then you're already using nAudio. The volume boost stuff alters the levels of the .wav files in memory - i'll check tomorrow but it should work
    Ah no worries.. I think i had it set to wasapi so I'll retest with wave later on..

btw you created a great program.. Top shelf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast