Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crew Chief Doesn't Hear My Commands

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pickford View Post
    I have been struggling with CC not understanding a word I say, for months. It used to understand me just me just fine. I’m looking forward to trying your fix Sloweygonzales, later tonight.

I’ll also try turning my Mic level down as James suggests.

Cheers
    Unfortunately my fix will not make it understand you any better. It will only help an issue where CC is not receiving your voice at all. I'm still having quite a bit of trouble balancing mic volume and my voice volume to keep it in a range it understands. It seems like a very narrow range and at best it understands me about half the time. And I have a good quality headset that sounds crystal clear everywhere else.

Just curious are you using the Windows Speech recognition ( the one where you can teach it by going through a teaching process)or the one where you download a file?
    Since they updated the App with the ability to use Windows Speech Recognition the app's ability to understand me has improved Dramatically,
    Prior to that update I may have been understood 1 out of 8 attempts, now it may not understand me 1 out of 20, if I repeat request either quieter or being sure to speak clear it works great.
    I have found every issue it has with not understanding me is due to me, either I am talking way to loud, have Mic in bad spot where it hits my Goatee, or I am using incorrect phrasing when asking for data or giving it a specific command.
    I have not done this yet on my New Gaming Desktop I had to get 12-9-19 but on previous one I went and opened Notepad then I took all the pit commands, and other commands I wanted to use and I had the Speech Recognition program add all the phrases to the notepad then I saved it as SRE commands and saved it in the documents/Crew Chief Folder. I may have better results if I do that again, as if I recall the app was never not recognizing me after I did that on old computer unless I hit button and said nothing or forgot what I was trying to ask in middle of asking it.
    SUpposedly the SRE is supposed to learn from documents adn emails if you allow it to use those items ( I believe I read that someplace anyway.

@Mark Pickford & @SloweyGonzalez There is an option to select the windows build in voice recognition in the properties "prefer windows speech recogniser" this option has hugely improved recognition for me as it benefits from the windows voice training.

@James: I think I’m using windows (I’m on win10 1903, fully up to date), but I recall downloading a file from a thread on these forums, when previously trying to improve CC. I have also trained windows by running through the reading text setup routine.

@Spartan, thanks, I’ll check that option and report back today.

7 posts and still no cat memes, I feel cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    7 posts and still no cat memes, I feel cheated.
    Name:  ashamed.jpeg
Views: 3594
Size:  24.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    @Mark Pickford & @SloweyGonzalez There is an option to select the windows build in voice recognition in the properties "prefer windows speech recogniser" this option has hugely improved recognition for me as it benefits from the windows voice training.
    I may be going mad, but where exactly do I select either windows voice recognition engine, or the microsft one? I see it mentioned under 'help' but can't see exactly wherev to choose?

TIA

In the top left right corner of the properties form is a search box, type in "speech" and you should see a checkbox where it says "prefer windows speech recogniser"

My issue is this: When I open Crew Chief voice command up it works just fine UNTIL I get into a race then all the voioce command stuff shuts off like I never turned it on. Crew Chief is still on and the spotter is still spotting but communication between the crew chief and myself is no longer working as if i never turned it on in the first place. I have followed every post I could find on the subject but with no prevail. i will keep working on it but it isn't looking too promising to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Pickford View Post
    I have been struggling with CC not understanding a word I say, for months. It used to understand me just me just fine. I’m looking forward to trying your fix Sloweygonzales, later tonight.

I’ll also try turning my Mic level down as James suggests.

Cheers
    can someone tell me how exactly to say what´s my tire temp so that i get a response other than you´re breaking up?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast