Thread: Crew Chief Doesn't Hear My Commands

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crew Chief Doesn't Hear My Commands

I started up iRacing again after a three month break including the CrewChief. Everything is running fine except when I give a voice command the the Crew Chief always says he didn't understand what I said as if it can't hear me.

I did not have this issue until I picked the game up recently. Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

I have this exact same issue. I know my speech recognition works, because I'm using it right now to respond to this thread. But for whatever reason, crew chief does not recognize my voice. It just responds and says "can't hear you" or "say again." I can't figure out for the life and what I'm doing wrong.

So when you ask "can you hear me" it does not? or replies say again or your breaking up?
    I found if the volume on mic is to high (especially mic boost) it has issues understanding you. I use mine daily and it works awesome though I found out by trial and error the Mic boost and mic volume issue.
    Plus if it does respond that it can hear you then double check that you are phrasing the commands correctly, (like "whats the track temp" not "what is the temp" or "what temp is the track" etc.

I'm having an issue where Crew Chief can hear me fine until I am actually in the sim and then it cannot. I'm using the 'press and hold button' setting and the button I have assigned is not assigned to anything else in iRacing. When I hold the button, the console reports that it is listening, but it doesn't seem to get any audio. As soon as I leave the sim it works fine again.

Quote Originally Posted by SloweyGonzalez View Post
    I'm having an issue where Crew Chief can hear me fine until I am actually in the sim and then it cannot. I'm using the 'press and hold button' setting and the button I have assigned is not assigned to anything else in iRacing. When I hold the button, the console reports that it is listening, but it doesn't seem to get any audio. As soon as I leave the sim it works fine again.
    My issue appears to be intermittent. It was working fine in a test session for a while until I entered the pits, then it could no longer hear me for the rest of the session.

Quote Originally Posted by SloweyGonzalez View Post
    My issue appears to be intermittent. It was working fine in a test session for a while until I entered the pits, then it could no longer hear me for the rest of the session.
    That may be different then what I ran into but it real close, except It could understand me fine when in pits, in the Garage, or sitting on pit road ready to hit track , but on occasion when I was up to speed, running in a pack or around other cars it all of a sudden stopped understanding me ( I say Understanding rather then hearing as it was getting the audio fine, the problem I was talking so much louder then normal (due to sim sound) that I was clipping the mic and/Or Overloading the input.
    I realized that as every time it happened in the session I was told by Girl Friend It sounded to her (Over Her TV in a separate room behind 2 closed doors I was yelling at the computer ( She does not race nor really understands how this works so she always asks why I am talking to the computer so much ( well now after some months she understands this feature a bit)
    SO I went and reset the Mic Boost and the Mic Volume so that when I am talking to it (in sound options so I can see the volume bar) I set it so that it has 1-2 bars instead of 1/2 the bar meter like normal. Lately it seems that it is understanding me about 80% of time and if it does not I realize to lower my voice a little and it understands me fine.

1 Other thing I just realized too, on my old Laptop I used until 3 weeks ago for no reason what so ever my Mic input on my Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB , would stop working until I disconnected and reconnected USB, it would do this at very random times but like 2-10 times a day , now though it seems to have no problems at all (NEW Desktop, New Windows Install and all New Drivers may have solved this issue.