Thread: Disable stalled message?

Disable stalled message?

Is there a way to disable the 'get it started'/'get back in the race'/'get the clutch in next time' messages?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Not with an option. You can rename of remove the c:\Users\[user name]\AppData\local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\engine_monitor\stalled\ folder and this will prevent those messages from playing

Perfect - thank you!

is there something specific wrong with those messages? Are they playing when they shouldn't play, or are they just irritating / immersion breaking? It would help me a lot to know why you want to disable them as there might be something i can do in the app to improve

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    is there something specific wrong with those messages? Are they playing when they shouldn't play, or are they just irritating / immersion breaking? It would help me a lot to know why you want to disable them as there might be something i can do in the app to improve
    Thanks for asking - they're an annoyance in practice sessions when I'm learning a track (frequent mistakes) or intentionally stopping to make adjustments.

hmm... it would be quite hard to tell the difference between an intentional stop and an accidental stall. I'm surprised it's annoying in practice sessions, I thought it was only enabled in races - perhaps there's a bug [edit - just updated the code so these messages only play during race and qualifying sessions]

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    hmm... it would be quite hard to tell the difference between an intentional stop and an accidental stall. I'm surprised it's annoying in practice sessions, I thought it was only enabled in races - perhaps there's a bug [edit - just updated the code so these messages only play during race and qualifying sessions]
    Yeah, this is definitely in practice sessions (not sure about test sessions - I don't do those very often). They're quite welcome in race sessions!