Thread: Every CC Sample drops FPS about 20-30 frames

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Every CC Sample drops FPS about 20-30 frames

Hello,

I am running AC on an Rift S in VR and I just found out why I sometimes get recognizable frame rate drops during race. With the FPS visible I could see that whenever a sample from the CC is played (like car left, fuel left, etc.) the FPS drop from 80 (Rift S max) to 60, sometimes 50. I checked this by repeating the first lap of a single player race over and over again, and results stay consistent. Without CC I get 80 FPS constant, as soon as the CC is acitvated (and only during the sample playtime) the FPS go south.

I am running on a Win10 machine with an AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Processor and and Radeon RX Vega64 graphic adapter. Driver are all up to date. AC is displayed on my Rift S and started via content manager.

Is there anything I can do to improve the performance. I tried to lower settings in AC but it seem to be completly independent from graphical performance. Only thing left right now is to deacitvate CC, which is very sad. Spotter safed me more than once.

Anyway, I will post a console log later, maybe somebody already knows an Option I need to check for optimizing the performance.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    as it's only happening during sample playback, there are some things to try. The app defaults to the built-in .Net SoundPlayer to play messages but can also play using nAudio - SoundPlayer is normally less resource-hungry but it's worth experimenting. Try switching between these to find the most performant.

If you use nAudio for playback, see if enabling the WASAPI option helps ('nAudio Output Interface Type') and maybe increase 'nAudio WASAPI latency (ms)' option to double its value.

Try muting the background player too (just set the background volume to 0)