Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Average fuel consumption

Awesome guys will give it a try tomorrow

It is awesome guys, spot on

Quote Originally Posted by MathPeuz View Post
    It is awesome guys, spot on
    Glad you like it

I am experimenting right now with estimating remaining charge based on recent laps instead of whole history of use, because usage is varying greatly on driving/settings (I get between 3 and 10% a lap). This should improve estimate if user changed his driving.

Do you think it will be useful to add voice command to ask CC if he thinks battery use is increasing/decreasing or stable? I am not sure what would be the good phrase though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Glad you like it

I am experimenting right now with estimating remaining charge based on recent laps instead of whole history of use, because usage is varying greatly on driving/settings (I get between 3 and 10% a lap). This should improve estimate if user changed his driving.

Do you think it will be useful to add voice command to ask CC if he thinks battery use is increasing/decreasing or stable? I am not sure what would be the good phrase though.
    I would be great, something like "you have used more/less battery this lap than average" "your battery usage is stable this lap" "you can/can't go half way with current driving style" "you can/can't go to the end with current driving style"
    Have you figured it out how to fix the battery usage after the pit stop? I didn't have time to check that.

On Formula-e full length race I tend to push the key for fuel at each lap, I don't know about other drivers but I wish I could get the message automatically (not the full message but just the lap usage and maybe the increase/decrease/stable message)
    BTW Studio 397 suggests 45 laps races but they did 43 laps on the real race yesterday 4.65% per lap edit:race 2 was 45 laps

For the calculation of remaining laps maybe you can get something like 0.75*(last lap usage)+0.25*(average usage) or different ratio. Maybe even including the previous lap: 0.5*(last lap usage)+0.5*(previous lap usage)+0.25*(average usage)
    Last edited by MathPeuz; 03-12-2017 at 16:20.

Pit stop bug should've been fixed.

I added automatic messages about use increase/decrease, however, it is quite tricky to get right (without making it annoying) and I am using very conservative approach. But I'll continue working on them. What I was wondering if you think it will be helpful to add direct command, so that you could ask of battery use trend via command.

I was able to do 2 45 lap races today, it is quite tricky, once I ran out in the middle, and for two races I completed I ran out on past race lap

Automatic half distance warning message is also already here, but i might've broken it, will look at it next week. This stuff will need a lot of experimentation, data and tweaking of ratios here and there, but I will continue improving this stuff

The way I would like it to be is to have the battery trend and lap usage to be triggered automatically when crossing the start line and the normal battery remaining message on the command like it is now.
    So maybe you can map a button/voice command to turn on/off lap usage update when crossing the line, with a message "Ok I will keep you updated on the usage each lap" and maybe a Kimi style message "Ok we leave you alone you know what you are doing" when we turn it off
    I don't use so much voice control myself so I would be nice to have it on a button
    Great job for fixing everything so quickly man

It appears that I have missed that crewchief can report fuel status. I am wondering if crewchief, could give a recommendation for the final fuel fill of a race? Even better would be a fill strategy for remaining race based on laps or time remaining in the race and fuel consumption up to that point?

Sounds like wishful thinking?

Can't wait. Would be nice if this can be added to Automobilista too!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234