Thread: Missing dependency

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Missing dependency

Dear CrewChief Community,

recently i´ve got a problem with CrewChief to get the SpeedRecognition to work. I´m using Windows 10 Pro. German. When I click "Trigger word (CrewChief)" a message pops up which tells me I shall install speech recognizers in order to use this feature. I´ve done that and installed the de_DE and en_GB variant, restarted windows and CrewChief but still the same issue. This is what is written into the console:

Code:
    18:36:13.780 : Unable to get a SRE CultureInfo object: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {49428A60-C997-4D0E-9808-9E326C178D58} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Klasse nicht registriert (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    18:38:39.732 : Unable to initialise speech engine with English voice recognition pack. Check that at least one of MSSpeech_SR_en-GB_TELE.msi, MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi, MSSpeech_SR_en-AU_TELE.msi, MSSpeech_SR_en-CA_TELE.msi or MSSpeech_SR_en-IN_TELE.msi are installed. It can be downloaded from www_microsoft_com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27224
    18:38:39.732 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = False
    Any ideas what problem I could have? Thanks in advance.

I've just installed a fresh copy onto a new PC and I'm getting exactly the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by shenken View Post
    Dear CrewChief Community,

recently i´ve got a problem with CrewChief to get the SpeedRecognition to work. I´m using Windows 10 Pro. German. When I click "Trigger word (CrewChief)" a message pops up which tells me I shall install speech recognizers in order to use this feature. I´ve done that and installed the de_DE and en_GB variant, restarted windows and CrewChief but still the same issue. This is what is written into the console:

Code:
    18:36:13.780 : Unable to get a SRE CultureInfo object: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {49428A60-C997-4D0E-9808-9E326C178D58} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Klasse nicht registriert (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
    18:38:39.732 : Unable to initialise speech engine with English voice recognition pack. Check that at least one of MSSpeech_SR_en-GB_TELE.msi, MSSpeech_SR_en-US_TELE.msi, MSSpeech_SR_en-AU_TELE.msi, MSSpeech_SR_en-CA_TELE.msi or MSSpeech_SR_en-IN_TELE.msi are installed. It can be downloaded from www_microsoft_com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=27224
    18:38:39.732 : Attempted to initialise speech engine - success = False
    Any ideas what problem I could have? Thanks in advance.
    I figured it out. We need to download and install this too!
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=27225

DaveK You´re the man. This additional piece of software solved my problem. Should be noted by the owner of CrewChief maybe to bundle these things into the installation routine if possible. I invested so many hours to solve this problem. So reinstalled W10 just because if this error because I thought my Windows is broken.

Anyway.... Problem solved. Thanks DaveK.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    The default app config is to use the built-in Windows speech recogniser. If the "Prefer Windows speech recognition engine" option isn't enabled, the app requires the Microsoft speech recognition packages to be installed. It does say all this in the help and the readme

I downloaded the all the files from the microsoft page but I still get the same missing dependency message. Was there a specific file you downloaded them too?

I am also having this issue. Downloaded all the files that the directions point to and it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for this. Tried it was still having the same issue but then I realized I had installed the x86 runtime and not the x64 runtime. Once I switched to x64 it started working. So make sure you guys get the right version!