Thread: Unable to create / edit macros for chat shout outs

Unable to create / edit macros for chat shout outs

Hello,
    I've tried to create and edit macros in CC for shout outs in ACC.

Sadly it does not work even after deleting saved_command_macros.json.
    CC is not creating a new saved_command_macros.json file if the original is deleted.

I've got another "edited" saved_command_macros.json from someone and I was able put it into the CC main folder and got it to work with "load default".

But I'm not able to edit anything on it (file is not write protected).

I don't know if this is related to newly implemented safety features in Windows 10,
    but when I try to add a macro and change the text in notepad to match the created macro,
    Windows doesn't allow to put this .json file into the CC main folder (I'm admin on this machine).
    CC is installed in progam x86.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Maybe someone has a solution?

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    the app will use the saved_command_macros.json file that's in the install folder *only* if one doesn't exist in Documents/CrewChiefV4/

If you want to modify macros by editing the json file then make a copy and place this in Documents/CrewChiefV4, then you can edit it.

The latest file is here: https://gitlab.com/mr_belowski/CrewC...nd_macros.json

I've not tested if the macro stuff is capable of sending key presses to ACC but it should be. For the macro definitions in the json file for ACC you need to use "gameDefinition": "ACC"