Thread: Checking if my name, and which one, is pronounced for others in multiplayer

Checking if my name, and which one, is pronounced for others in multiplayer

Is there any way to test which name Crewchief selects for my name (if it does not exist in database, and is closely nearby another name), to pronounce with to other multiplayer racers?
    I read that Crewchief is using the Steam-name to detect which name to use. I am not sure if that is the steam account name, or real-name.

As I use a special alias in steam, but using my realname in multiplayer racing, I'm curious which name Crewchief will use for the other racers. My forename and surname do not exist in Crewchief, but there are abbreviated ones which is close enough (my name is Johannes ).

Edit: I think it would be cool if Crewchief is supporting to take the real-name instead of the steam-name in racing-sims, as you can race with another name than the steam-name i.e. in rFactor 2 or Raceroom.

it is using the name from the sim if its available, what game are you talking about here ?

I am racing R3E and rFactor 2, which you can edit to show your real name instead of the steam name in multiplayer races.

You dont have to do anything, it will use the name from the game in both games.