Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest version will not run on my PC 4.9.11.1

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: CrewChiefV4.exe, Version: 1.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5df4c6dd
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.17763.864, Zeitstempel: 0xfc217636
    Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
    Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000039129
    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2ec
    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d5b2a7ed88a14d
    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe
    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Berichtskennung: b7b93973-1bc0-49eb-ad00-5dec8850cd4b
    Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    this is caused by some missing text in your app.ini file (Documents/iRacing/app.ini). The app is looking for "serverTransmitMaxCars" in the "Graphics" section (the value should be a number between 10 and 99 I think), and "irsdkLog360Hz" in the "Misc" section (should be 0 or 1). I don't play iRacing so I can't really give a better example (I have no app.ini so i'm just looking at what the code does to work out what the values should look like).

I've added some checks to the code for the next CC release so it won't fail to start when it can't read these values.

I have no idea if these values are translated when the game is set to a language that isn't English - probably not

HI I hope this helps as I'm not really that proficient with fault finding on pcs, If you need more information please explain how I go about finding it on the pc, Many thanks again Flymo

Event Properties

Faulting application name: Crewchiefv4.exe. version: 1.0.0.0. time stamp 0x5df4c6dd
    faulting module name: clr.dll. version: 4.7.3416.0. time stamp: 0x5cabfc63
    exception code 0xc0000005
    fault offset: 0x00000000005dfeb0
    faulting process id:0x860
    faulting application start time: 0x01d5b3530eebdce1
    faulting application path: C:\Program files (x86)\Britton it ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe
    faulting module path:C:\ windows\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0,30319\clr.d ll
    faulting id: 8abddcc3-1791-488d-85df-d4f64a85c8f7
    faulting package full name:
    faulting package-relative application id:
    Last edited by Flymo Ferrari; 15-12-2019 at 14:52.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    there should be another error message that looks more like this one: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ull=1#post6324

Unfortunately I can find any other error report on the pc , I have tried looking in the application logs
    But can’t find anything other than what I have give you
    , Unfortunately I’m just getting to the point of giving up
    But thanks for the help anyway. Flymo

Can I just ask is anybody on the forum using the CrewChief app
    On windows 10 and if so have you had any problems getting it to start and run
    , Thanks in advance for any help with this question
    Flymo

this is what I get for an error msg. just crashes upon start, see a box for a second and that's it.

Application: CrewChiefV4.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    at CrewChiefV4.Overlay.CrewChiefOverlayWindow.overlay Window_DrawGraphics(System.Object, GameOverlay.Windows.DrawGraphicsEventArgs)
    at GameOverlay.Windows.GraphicsWindow.OnDrawGraphics( GameOverlay.Drawing.Graphics)
    at GameOverlay.Windows.GraphicsWindow.GraphicsWindowT hread()
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

There is a bug in the overlay window that causes the app to crash if no game has been selected with the overlay window enabled Open C:\Users\Sparten\Documents\CrewChiefV4\Profiles\de faultSettings.json with a text editor, locate the line containing "enable_console_overlay_window": true, and change it to "enable_console_overlay_window": false,
    Now you should be able to start the app again, and this time make sure you select a game in the drop down list before you enable the overlay window.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    There is a bug in the overlay window that causes the app to crash if no game has been selected with the overlay window enabled Open C:\Users\Sparten\Documents\CrewChiefV4\Profiles\de faultSettings.json with a text editor, locate the line containing "enable_console_overlay_window": true, and change it to "enable_console_overlay_window": false,
    Now you should be able to start the app again, and this time make sure you select a game in the drop down list before you enable the overlay window.
    awesome thank you for the quick response. been running iracing for a long time, looking forward to digging into this app!

Hi thanks for replying with the error message that you are receiving, Sparten has replied with a possible solution to are problem in the next post , I will possibly try it at the weekend if I get the Time if you try It before me please post in the forum and let me know, Hopefully this works for us advice it is a great app , Cheers Flymo

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast