Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest version will not run on my PC 4.9.11.1

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Awesome, I'll push a hotfix. Did respond immediately ever work? If I remember correctly I put it in a beta?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Awesome, I'll push a hotfix. Did respond immediately ever work? If I remember correctly I put it in a beta?
    I never tried it before but i thought it was a new feature since it is mentioned in the changelog of the recent version.

* Added option to make the app respond to voice commands as soon as it recognises them in 'Hold Button' mode, rather than waiting until the radio button is released (enable this behaviour with the 'Respond to voice commands immediately' property)

to use this feature, the app needs the speech recognition to be in 'hold button' mode, 'respond to voice commands immediately' needs to be enabled and 'block messages while talking to the chief' should be disabled in the Properties screen. When it's configured like this, if I hold the radio button and make a command and then keep the radio button pressed, the app will respond. This is the new behaviour. Prior to this (or if you disable the 'respond to voice commands immediately property), the app will wait until you release the radio button before responding. I just tested this and it does work as intended

going back to the original question raised on this thread, the issue should now be fixed in tonight's 4.9.11.3 hotfix release

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    to use this feature, the app needs the speech recognition to be in 'hold button' mode, 'respond to voice commands immediately' needs to be enabled and 'block messages while talking to the chief' should be disabled in the Properties screen. When it's configured like this, if I hold the radio button and make a command and then keep the radio button pressed, the app will respond. This is the new behaviour. Prior to this (or if you disable the 'respond to voice commands immediately property), the app will wait until you release the radio button before responding. I just tested this and it does work as intended
    Very strange. I just double checked all these settings and it still is not working for me.
    As long as i hold the button, i get no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternoob View Post
    Very strange. I just double checked all these settings and it still is not working for me.
    As long as i hold the button, i get no response.
    Update:
    I disabled "Use nAudio for speech recognition" and now it works.
    I dug into the options because the speach recognition was clearly worse than before with this enabled.
    Disabling this fixed the bad recognition and the hold button problem.

I'm having the same issues, can't get it to start. When I click on crew chief, the window pops up forabout 5 seconds and then closes automatically. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times but haven't got past that part, any suggestions?

Same issue as Homie Crew chief starts for a few seconds then quits on windows 10 , Could you please look into this as its very frustrating as the app has always been an excellent app and very helpful

I really need to see the error message - look for a .Net error in the Windows Event Viewer, under Application Logs

Anwendung: CrewChiefV4.exe
    Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
    Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
    Ausnahmeinformationen: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
    bei System.String.Substring(Int32, Int32)
    bei CrewChiefV4.iRacing.iRacingSharedMemoryReader..cto r()
    bei CrewChiefV4.GameStateReaderFactory.getGameStateRea der(CrewChiefV4.GameDefinition)
    bei CrewChiefV4.CrewChief.Run(System.String, Boolean)
    bei CrewChiefV4.MainWindow.runApp()
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    bei System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast