Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Old posts Beta Test

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    Yeah, you're right. As usual

Will test the beta later and promote it to live if it's ok. I put a soundpack together with mike's spotter and Matt's new spotter sounds - will release this too. Are Phil's worth adding?
    Nah Jim, just picky perfectionist.
    I like Phil's work, one of the best in my opinion. The problem is there might be a bit too much noise, and some phrases are not clear enough. Check it out when you have time.

We may want to simply enable fake Bleep in by default. It is reliable enough and I think some people will be happy with one more immersion detail.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    yet another Beta update, with these defaults changed and a couple of other minor tweaks. This will go 'live' tomorrow so if it's broken and no one tests, you only have yourselves to blame

and another update. Last one this, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Nah Jim, just picky perfectionist.
    I like Phil's work, one of the best in my opinion. The problem is there might be a bit too much noise, and some phrases are not clear enough. Check it out when you have time.
    Hey thanks! It's my first time doing this sort of thing.
    Let me know which phrases to re-record, I can do some more variations and speak more clearly. I am handy with audio editing as well, I can filter out some of the noise.
    Is the whole set worth re-doing?

Quote Originally Posted by runphilrun View Post
    Hey thanks! It's my first time doing this sort of thing.
    Let me know which phrases to re-record, I can do some more variations and speak more clearly. I am handy with audio editing as well, I can filter out some of the noise.
    Is the whole set worth re-doing?
    Hello Phil. I didn't have a chance to get closely familiar with your set to give detailed/quality feedback, only listened to your recordings, which I liked. Will test properly next week, but the folder missing is car_outside. I guess Jim might have more recommendations/feedback. Current release contains your pack, so check it out. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Hello Phil. I didn't have a chance to get closely familiar with your set to give detailed/quality feedback, only listened to your recordings, which I liked. Will test properly next week, but the folder missing is car_outside. I guess Jim might have more recommendations/feedback. Current release contains your pack, so check it out. Thanks again!
    I added car_outside. I also removed a ton of the background noise, boosted the volume and attempted to normalize volume across all tracks.

I'm testing out how good of a spotter I am in Project CARS. It's weird to hear me giving myself calls...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5E...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by runphilrun; 14-08-2017 at 00:17.

thanks Phil.

I'll package them up this weekend, time permitting.

I've added another beta which contains a fix to prevent settings with decimal points being corrupted (saved without the decimal point) - see first post

Beta updated to include today's manual formation lap mode hacking

Another beta - see first thread. AMS / RF1 session end fixes and manual formation lap mode tweaks

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast