Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem after Update

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    is your Windows install using English or something else as its default language?

This may be related to a slight change in the behaviour of the speech recognition engine where the old SRE used the installed language pack as its default language, but the built-in SRE uses the windows UI language setting as its default language. We're explicitly setting our grammar objects to en-GB, but relying on the recogniser matching this by default, which might not be the case any more.

If you change that property value I suggested in my previous post it might fix it until I get another hotfix build out (but, like before, I'm having to guess at the problem as I can't reproduce it)

My default Windows language is German

I'm the only one who has this problem after your update?

Probably not - it looks there's a bug in the way we handle the system speech recognition engine. As this is now the default option, users with non-English installs of Windows are likely to encounter similar problems. A fix will be available later today, but in the mean time it would help us a lot if you could make the change i suggested a few posts back in this thread and report whether it fixes your issue

OK, then I'll wait for the update.

Have tried all proposals to the reinstallation of Crew Chief. Nothing helped

did you switch off the "Prefer Windows speech recogniser" option and re-test?

I got a problem after the update too. The voice recognition doesn´t work in CC anymore. Before the update i had zero problems.

No problems with the hardware because it works in windows without problems.

I´m a german windows user also.

OK, good to know it's consistent across users. I think i know the cause and how to fix it, i'll get it sorted when i'm back from work. In the mean time can someone with this issue please try unchecking the "Prefer Windows speech recogniser" property and restarting the app. This should change it back to the old speech recogniser behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    OK, good to know it's consistent across users. I think i know the cause and how to fix it, i'll get it sorted when i'm back from work. In the mean time can someone with this issue please try unchecking the "Prefer Windows speech recogniser" property and restarting the app. This should change it back to the old speech recogniser behaviour
    Tried that out, but it doesn´t fix the issue for me.

thanks for trying that. I've been back through the old code and can definitely confirm that this is a bug in the 4.9.9.1 & 4.9.9.2 releases and my intended fix will definitely work - expect it to be sorted later today. Sorry for the inconvenience guys, this update hasn't gone smoothly

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast