Thread: Failed to install or update the plugin

Exclamation Failed to install or update the plugin

Hey folks, right after updating to version 4.9.9.1 I get the attached error as soon as I click on Start application
    I tried reinstalling but didn't work, though I haven't tried wiping my settings as well.
    Worked flawlessly up until now, I've also done a keyword search on Google for this but nothing came up.

Code:
    Console log:
    23:58:29.410 : Using game definition Assetto Corsa (64 bit)
    23:58:29.416 : Failed to Copy plugin files: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\plugins\assettocorsa'.
    23:58:33.454 : Loading user-configured command macros from Documents/CrewChiefV4/ folder
    23:58:33.469 : Loading default command macros from installation folder
    23:58:33.524 : Loaded 102 default car class definitions and 0 user defined car class definitions
    23:58:33.568 : No user defined landmarks found
    23:58:33.572 : ThreadManager: Wating for root threads to start...
    23:58:33.572 : ThreadManager: Root threads started
    23:58:33.600 : Successfully started Crew Chief data WebSocket server
    23:58:33.632 : ACSSpotter enable
    23:58:33.632 : Starting queue monitor
    23:58:33.634 : Monitor starting
    23:58:33.986 : Playing sounds, events: COMPOUND_smoke_test_chief
    23:58:33.986 : (radio_check/test)
    23:58:34.446 : Polling for shared data every 100ms
    23:58:34.763 : There are 1 more events in the queue, playing them...
    23:58:34.763 : Playing sounds, events: COMPOUND_smoke_test_spotter
    23:58:34.763 : (radio_check_Matt/test)
    Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/xa3EpPc

Thanks
    Last edited by Lo11o; 02-09-2019 at 09:33.

I got the same but just hit the start button closed the warning and carried on until it is fixed.

Update: clean reinstall didn't fix it (wiped user settings, audio files and system registry)

I thought it was because the first half of the path was missing so it can't install to a folder that is not there.

Please upload screenshot to something like tinypic, I cannot see the error message from the attached screenshot - thanks!
    Edit: reading title of your post again, if you get error updating plugin, make sure game you are updating is not running. That is, start CC before starting the game. This is needs to be done only once. CC cannot update game plugin while game is running.

Same, message states... "Failed to install or Update the Plugin. Please make sure the game is not running. Error: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)plugins\assettocorsa'.

Since this update it seems CC is looking in the wrong place. AC has never been on my C drive and CC has always worked before. Paths are correct in properties. Mine is as above but on D drive.

Thanks.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    this is a bug in the update, i'm fixing it now. Sorry folks

We pushed an update that should address this and a few other problems, please update the app, and sorry for the issues it might have cause.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Please upload screenshot to something like tinypic, I cannot see the error message from the attached screenshot - thanks!
    Edit: reading title of your post again, if you get error updating plugin, make sure game you are updating is not running. That is, start CC before starting the game. This is needs to be done only once. CC cannot update game plugin while game is running.
    Post edited with link - for future reference, since it's been established it was a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparten View Post
    We pushed an update that should address this and a few other problems, please update the app, and sorry for the issues it might have cause.
    No big deal, the Chief was still working fine since the plugin had already been installed by the previous version, so really minor inconvenience unless for first-time users.
    Last edited by Lo11o; 02-09-2019 at 09:47.