Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta using voice recognition thread?

Oh Ok, Ya I thought because I said in car (instead of car only) it did that, but it did not send a text chat
    I really thought that was so cool too as I cannot text to those who cannot talk in the sim and if I ever click the i when typing it kills the ignition.
    I did realize how what I thought was the command was not correct, I either put a IS in where it was not supposed to be or for instance keep saying (in car adjustments instead of car ) or the best one that got me was Black Box Mirror? What it is Graphics adjustment but only mirror works SO I have printed out all the commands I can use including Pit box (iRacing) and have them handy to refresh my decrepit memory
    I will be using more of the What (opponent) Last lap, best lap,etc etc. but I am very happy with the pit box stuff i have used so far andthe how is my fuel as it has helped me to figure out the best time to pit where before a green flag pit would just kill my race as i could not figure best time and get any adjustments entered without crashing or speeding.
    I have hit pit wall more then I care to say trying to adjust tire pressure or tape or amount of fuel to add

Anytime you have an Idea and think I can help by all means let me know, even if I just run in test mode or lone practices and take a day off from official stuff id be more then happy to help. I had a lot of fun working with this

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    i've reworked that free chat a little so the grammar containing the real commands gets a much higher weighting and it appears to have fixed the issue where the free dictation grammar kept triggering when it shouldn't. The accuracy of the chat message recognition is still a bit sketchy but at least it's kind of working. So if the rest of the CC team think it's safe to leave this experimental feature in, the next full build of CC will include it

Sorry I did not post this last night (Friday in my time zone)
    I did a little experiment after reading about what the windows SRE uses to increase accuracy
    I opened up the notepad and dictated the first text I cannot remember what I called it exactly, thenI did a in sim test and the SRE works awesome, only time it has an issue is when I do not ask the proper question ( use proper phrasing ( which is all on me not the app.
    I am so impressed with the Beta and the free text part seems to work better to, plus I learned to pay attention and speak clearly
    (If you ever heard me talk you would understand ( remember the Micromachine commercials?) guy talked at 200MPH ++
    and I talk faster the more excited i get.

You will notice every time the app does not function I have either forgot to say Gallons or say pressure (number)
    something I did not do correctly is only time I seen it not do what I asked, other then that it was perfect.
    i'm doing a race in an hour and will see how it does with other commands dealing with opponents etc.

I have heard from a lot of people using VR that they cannot (Text chat) so I hope this works as I can see that being a huge benefit for people, I was surprised by how many people have said they tried CC but could not get it to understand them.
    Some people give up to easily .
    Obviously I am kinda stubborn and do not give up so easily.
    BTW thanks again for letting me help you with this I am having a blast . Especially seeing the end results of it working so much better now
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by James_e_Vining; 31-08-2019 at 15:11.

Wink

I was going to mention something weird that happened early Sat morning (3AM PDT) we had a 184 lap Darlington race and CC worked great for about 1/2 race, then after awhile in sim racing ( race lasted about 2 Hours) CC or the SRE started cutting off last word so if I said Black Box Car, or Black Box Fuel it only listed as hearing Black Box, Then I realized that after (During yellow reading the Console window data) SO I thought I would try something so for every command I added "T" Black Box Fuel T and it started working fine again just not registering "T" ( no reason I picked T just figured it was easy to say )
    Is there something I can change in preferences so it listens longer or is that some other issue

I forgot to add this evening (Sat Still) here in PDT, I did a league practice started up CC and it worked fine again, understood all commands, no dropping last word said, SO I did not have to add the "T" or anything, it only did that after running for some time so I am confused as why,
    BUt either way I figured out the issue so If I ( Me personally with the Beta Im using) have the same Issue il just add a Extra Letter after a pause.
    I was so exhausted and covered in sweat after the long race I forgot to copy the CC dialog window ( but I may have a copy i in debug file)
    Sadly my nice 250 GB HD died 2 days ago so i Lost a lot of Iracing and other backup files.
    Last edited by James_e_Vining; 01-09-2019 at 07:16.

Quote Originally Posted by James_e_Vining View Post
    I was going to mention something weird that happened early Sat morning (3AM PDT) we had a 184 lap Darlington race and CC worked great for about 1/2 race, then after awhile in sim racing ( race lasted about 2 Hours) CC or the SRE started cutting off last word so if I said Black Box Car, or Black Box Fuel it only listed as hearing Black Box, Then I realized that after (During yellow reading the Console window data) SO I thought I would try something so for every command I added "T" Black Box Fuel T and it started working fine again just not registering "T" ( no reason I picked T just figured it was easy to say )
    Is there something I can change in preferences so it listens longer or is that some other issue

I forgot to add this evening (Sat Still) here in PDT, I did a league practice started up CC and it worked fine again, understood all commands, no dropping last word said, SO I did not have to add the "T" or anything, it only did that after running for some time so I am confused as why,
    BUt either way I figured out the issue so If I ( Me personally with the Beta Im using) have the same Issue il just add a Extra Letter after a pause.
    I was so exhausted and covered in sweat after the long race I forgot to copy the CC dialog window ( but I may have a copy i in debug file)
    Sadly my nice 250 GB HD died 2 days ago so i Lost a lot of Iracing and other backup files.
    You can always get the latest 25 logs from the console window, they are auto saved when closing down the app, C:\Users\{USERNAME}\CrewChiefv4\Documents\debugLog s

YA I thought so but when I went to look the one from the Race I mentioned is not complete, the Practice prior and the end of race last 6 laps.
    Oh ya I stopped and restarted app at that time thinking that would fix issue, problem is Log does not show me using the extra word to get the app to recognize commands so you will just have to believe me on that part.
    But now it seems just fine.
    I have nothing set to run that long (or anything other then practice)at moment but when I do if it does it again I will get the info saved and point out where I had to do anything different from normal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12