Thread: ACC support

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar

ACC support

Hey fellas,

Not sure if this is the right forum, but the latest version (4.9.8.20) now supports Assetto Corsa Competizione. There's still some work to be done to iron out the bugs and keep pace with the game's development but it's working pretty well already. Massive thanks to the guys on the ACC forum who helped test, and to Steven (Thx1137) who did the ground work to get it all up and running

Nice work so far Mr Belowski. Thank you.
    Was wondering if you are planning on adding the ACC inbuilt spotter comments to CrewChief? eg "Run in double file" when coming up to the start.
    Would love to have Jim reading out the comments that are written on the bottom centre of the screen. eg "Cut the engine" when you pull in to the pits.

Not sure what the plans are to be honest. ACC's API hasn't been documented and my requests for more information and for bugs in the data to be addressed haven't yielded any results

OK, no problem. Am happy to use what you have. Thanks.

Hi! I can't find much useful info about CC in ACC so I thought I'd post here...

I'm experiencing weird CC behaviour in ACC. Yesterday I had CC working, well partially at least - he was telling me lap times in practice and in quick race he told me about my position (correct) and fastest laps (incorrect, I had a FL that was ignored, no tap on the back However, that was all he was saying, nothing else. And the practice lap times were reffered like 4 times in a row after every lap completed. In quick race he wanted to say some more, but there was only radio com opening and no voice (I read somewhere about this, forgot where). I was running the latest build 4.10.0.8 with all audio files updated and default settings.

Figured I'd do a clean install to see if that might help-it didnt't. CC is now completely silent, not a word in ACC practice session. Tried runnng ACC first then CC and vice versa, to no avail.

So, I'd like to ask for some assistance regarding possible solutions. Is there something one must tweak in CC or ACC files? There must be some easy fix that I didn't find yet. So please let me know, I'd be greatfull.
    Cheers

UPDATE:
    Had another try in quick race against AI and miraculously CC started speaking! Must have had something to do with in-game settings: in previous sessions I had in game audio setting starting comms set on OFF to eliminate in-game engineer. For this session this was changed to ON. Maybe it's this setting that made the difference. The in-game engineer was silenced with the slider...

And yes, CC was quite alive, like I know him from other sims (R3E, AC, PC2). Hope this continues
    Cheers
    Last edited by TinMan_JB; 01-02-2020 at 16:48. Reason: Re-test, solution found? Sadly not...

So, I had a couple of test sessions today - a free practice and 3 quick races. Same ACC settings as yesterday after "awakening". Oh, maybe to point out: 13 AI opponents, I5-7300HQ CPU copes OK. It can't cope more than 15-16 AI.
    In practice, CC was completely silent, not a word and no com sounds.
    In races, there was much delays, incoplete information, channels opening with no info... After start in all 3 races, race start was announced after 1/3 lap, lap times were given in fragments, gap to front was not reffered to the end.
    So, is anyone experiencing something similar issues or knows of a possible solution? Please let me know!
    Cheers!

I'm going to remove ACC support from the app. I just can't get it to work properly with all the unsynchronised data in ACC's shared memory and UDP streams. It's impossible to know if any given piece of data is stale, resulting in constant bugs and failed workarounds. To be blunt, it's making the app look shit, I've tried to fix it but the data are unusable, and I give up. Sorry guys.