Thread: Corner Names Announced

Corner Names Announced

Would it be possible to have a switch to ask Jim to announce the corner names (Usually road courses) while in Time Trial?

Such as:
    Big Bend (Lime Rock Park)
    Tower Turn (Sebring)
    Druids (Brands Hatch)
    etc...

Its already an option, you can map a key to it or ask to have corners read, voice command is "read corner names"

Found it under "Available actions" main panel and assigned a button from "Available controllers". Thank you.

Is there a way of other than restarting Crew Chief of turning off Read the corner names?

I recently turned this feature on, but Jim doesn’t call out the corner names.

I tried it and it did announce the corner names as Jim often does in race commentary. I had stopped using it because I only wanted that feature during practice and there was not an easy way to turn it on and off.

Not all the tracks are mapped with corner names, there is a sticky thread in the general section that explains how to collect and submit a mapped track. http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...ck-Corner-Data

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    the 'play corner names' command should only read corner names for the current lap - at the end of the lap it's supposed to switch off automatically

I tried it at the Nordenshingledinglering. I'll take another look as it's probably a problem with the nut behind the wheel! :P