Thread: Multiple bindings for "Talk to Crew Chief"

Multiple bindings for "Talk to Crew Chief"

I have two wheel rims and I would like to have a button on each to activate crew chief. Is this possible?

I tried editing the controllerConfigurationData json but when setting both the app crashes on launch.

Thanks,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Postiez View Post
    I have two wheel rims and I would like to have a button on each to activate crew chief. Is this possible?

I tried editing the controllerConfigurationData json but when setting both the app crashes on launch.

Thanks,
    Nick
    Currently, we cannot distinguish between rims, and adding support to detect rim is a moderate rework. I just rebind them when I switch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Currently, we cannot distinguish between rims, and adding support to detect rim is a moderate rework. I just rebind them when I switch.
    It would be quite useful to me to just be able to bind 2 different buttons to a single action even if rim detection wasn't implemented.

I could just rebind, but I have set up a really cool switch on my button box that opens and starts crewchief when flipped up and closes crew chief when flipped down. Makes it feel like a physical comms switch and having to rebind kinda ruins the magic.

Thanks for the info.
    Nick

latest revision lost the binding on my T500RS with the GTE wheel for the "Talk to Crew Chief" command. CC launcher no longer sees the labeled "Radio" button on the GTE wheel as button 9 but as button 8 & button 8 is a different binding.
    I could find no file to edit. W'at happened ?? there are 13 buttons on the T500RS with the GTE wheel, looks like CC thinks there are only 12.
    yes I can reassign button 8 & assign button 4 to activate the radio, but geez.
    Last edited by Moe Faster; 13-08-2019 at 19:35.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Nothing has changed here in a cc code. The button bindings are in Documents/CrewChiefV4/ - can't remember the file name, controller something or other

& the name of the file is
    controllerConfigurationData.json
    I like it
    Elvis says, "Thank you, thank you very much."