Thread: Help, i cant hear my spotter

Help, i cant hear my spotter

Hello, i am able to hear the background noises but not the spotter or crew chief voices. i have looked through all of the posts with the same issue but none of those have fixed the problem. Crewchief is running on default changes and i haven't changed anything.
    thank you for your time.
    Steve

Same here, I have just installed CrewChief V4 for the first time, I can hear the bkg noises when I hit "Start Application" but not the engineer's voice.
    Thanks for your help,
    Bertrand

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    the background sound is played by an embedded instance of windows media player. The message sound is played by the built-in .Net sound player. These different streams can end up going to different audio devices.

By default CC will send the message audio to whatever is the Windows default "Playback device" *at the point when CC is launched*. Check your default playback device in the windows Sounds control panel.

If you change CC to enable the "use nAudio for playback" option you'll be able to set a playback device from within the app. You can also use a recently added Windows feature to associate an app with a particular sound playback device. I recommend switching to nAudio only as a last resort - it works but it's more CPU hungry and less stable