Thread: New pit menu interactions

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar

New pit menu interactions

Today's release (4.9.8.4) will contain some cool new R3E pit menu functionality

quick-start:

Ensure your in-game key bindings are set up like this:
    w: pit menu up)
    a: pit menu decrease
    s: pit menu down
    d: pit menu increase
    q: pit menu toggle
    e: pit menu select
    r: request pit

then you can ask for specific pit actions.

R3E exposes some additional information describing the state of the popup pit menu. Using these, the app is able to navigate the menu by pressing sequences of key to make specific pit requests. This depends on the in-game key bindings matching the keys set up in the app's command macros. By default, these macros require the in-game pit menu actions to be bound to w (menu up), a (menu left / decrease), s (menu down), d (menu right / increase), q (menu toggle), e (menu select) and r (request pit). It uses the menu navigation command macros (single button presses to move the cursor) to locate and select the approprate commands for most actions like selecting / deselecting tyres and repairs. Choosing a refuelling amount is not possible with this new approach - it still relies on the auto fuelling macros. The commands which use this new approach are:

"pitstop clear tyres" / "pitstop don't change tyres" / "box, clear tyres" / "box, don't change tyres"
    "pitstop change all tyres" / "box, change all tyres"
    "pitstop change front tyres only" / "box, change front tyres only"
    "pitstop change rear tyres only" / "box, change rear tyres only"
    "pitstop fix front aero only" / "box, fix front aero only"
    "pitstop fix rear aero only" / "box, fix rear aero only"
    "pitstop fix all aero" / "box, fix all aero"
    "pitstop don't fix aero" / "box, don't fix aero"
    "pitstop fix suspension" / "box, fix suspension"
    "pitstop don't fix suspension" / "box, don't fix suspension"
    "pitstop serve penalty" / "box, serve penalty"
    "pitstop don't serve penalty" / "box, don't serve penalty"
    "pitstop refuel" / "box, refuel"
    "pitstop don't refuel" / "box, don't refuel"
    "what are the pit actions" / "what's the pitstop plan" (reports the selected actions for the next pitstop)

The app will also read out the planned pit actions automatically when you get near the pit entrance after requesting a stop.

I've also removed the requirement to have at least 2 pre-defined pit presets. The fuelling macros ("fuel to the end" and "add fuel, XX litres") should now work correctly regardless of how many pit presets you've got configured in-game

Mr Britton, thank you so much for your work Sir (and associates), Crew Chief is excellent. I will donate ASAP - this app is fantastic.
    However I have a question regarding your instructions above for RACEROOM.
    Jim understands the basic menu "pit menu up/down/select" commands perfectly, but when I use the more advanced voice commands listed above "Pitstop change all tyres / Pitstop fix all aero" etc I get a positive response from Jim "Ok we are only changing tyres this time" but it does not change the pitstop preset.
    So he acknowledges my instruction, but does not change the pitstop selection.
    What am I doing wrong ?

don't worry - I sorted it.

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    sorry stum, i completely missed this

What was the problem in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by stum View Post
    Mr Britton, thank you so much for your work Sir (and associates), Crew Chief is excellent. I will donate ASAP - this app is fantastic.
    However I have a question regarding your instructions above for RACEROOM.
    Jim understands the basic menu "pit menu up/down/select" commands perfectly, but when I use the more advanced voice commands listed above "Pitstop change all tyres / Pitstop fix all aero" etc I get a positive response from Jim "Ok we are only changing tyres this time" but it does not change the pitstop preset.
    So he acknowledges my instruction, but does not change the pitstop selection.
    What am I doing wrong ?
    fuck yeah