Thread: Sound Option

Sound Option

Thank you again for all the work you put in to this and thanks for adding my name, I have donated as I don't expect something for nothing. I do have a request if possible. I sim race on PC with the Oculus Rift, I have the game sound coming through external speakers and usually in IRacing the spotter through the Rift speakers.
    Is it possible to have Crew Chief do this with the games it supports for the sound to be directed to alternate speakers.
    Cheers
    Del

Thank you for supporting us.
    Give this a try: https://github.com/audiorouterdev/audio-router looks like both 32 bit and 64bit are supported. Oculus has it's own audio device, so if you route CC through Oculus and game sounds through sound card that feeds speakers it should do what you want.
    Cheers!

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Crew chief uses the default audio playback device. You might be able to set this to the rift output, start the app and then change the default to your speakers then start the game

I'm yet to give this a try but ability to choose a sound card that Crew Cheif outputs too would be fantastic - I use a triple screen rig with cockpit, and a set of headphones only for comms only would make this more immersive. Keep up the good work regardless!

(I did just find this now too: http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...-output-device )

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Wolf View Post
    Thank you for supporting us.
    Give this a try: *link removed due to posting privileges* looks like both 32 bit and 64bit are supported. Oculus has it's own audio device, so if you route CC through Oculus and game sounds through sound card that feeds speakers it should do what you want.
    Cheers!
    This works like a charm. Thank you very much!
    Previously CC would get drowned out by my 5.1 amp (I play racing games LOUD) but having CC audio piped into my 'helmet' (ie, the Rift) makes it crystal clear and adds incredibly to the immersion.

Is there a way to get audio router to start and divert the audio automatically, or is selecting the Rift as the default audio device then alt-tabbing the only way? It doesn't take long but it'd be great if the PC did it all for you.

Thanks again for this excellent, excellent app.

Further to the above, I seem to lose 5.1 surround when using this audio routing method.

Plus, Crew Chief comes through the Rift earphones VERY loud (too loud to use, really) and the CC in-app volume slider does not seem to make any difference.

Any tips?