Thread: Last lap call ?

Last lap call ?

When starting the last lap of a race, CC almost always tells me 'Two laps to go !'
    It happens on most tracks I use.
    Is there maybe a setting somewhere I missed ?

And today (10 lap race with 20 Skoda 130RS at Jerez v1.0 by Alex Meyer, starting last), CC gives the right position until I take the lead when he says I'm in second. When finishing he decides to hand me 18th place ? Must add that this is the first time CC does this.

PS: maybe it has been asked before, but the search function could not find it.

One week later, no response...
    Nobody else having this issue ?
    It's rather disturbing getting this wrong info from CC when, driving with 'clean' screens (no huds or so...)

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    I'm sorry you've had no response. I don't play AC any more but I'll give it a try when I can. It would help if you could capture a debug trace of this behaviour, or at least post the console log

just ran 2 races - a 14 lapper at Brands Indy and a 6 lapper at Brands GP against the 997 GT3 cup cars. There's an unrelated bug on Brands Indy where opponent gap message aren't playing (probably because it's a track with only 2 sectors). In both cases the app called the correct laps-to-go. I was last in the indy race with 2 laps remaining and in the GP race I was 4th. The app called "2 to go" and "last lap"correctly. All the race position calls were correct.

Were you on or offline? Was it a fixed number of laps in the race or a time limited race? Was it single or multi-class?

AC's actually pretty good isn't it

Ah, sorry, should have added a log file. Here is the one from the days I posted:

https://mega.nz/#!DeQEyaBZ!q0ArWtVsX..._M56GExG9ZdG2Q

Racing offline, fixed number of laps and single class (identical cars) - iirc...

It's very rare that CC calls the last lap correctly, which is why I was wondering I missed some setting...

Edit: and yes AC is still nice enough, especially with all CSP / Sol features. I shelved ACC because no proper triple screen support.

ok... i've done an online race and found that none of the opponent cars were getting their laps completed updated. This means the app will never trigger the two-to-go and last-lap calls because these are based on the overall leader's laps remaining (because you could be a lap or more behind).

There's a *lot* of code in the app to work around some appalling quality data coming from AC to try and unpick the truth from all the noise but I think i found the bug. Unfortunately it'll take a while to test it because there's so much that can go wrong here. If you want to help out, i can put a beta release out and you can give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by mr_belowski View Post
    here's the beta thread
    Did several offline races, several cars, several tracks, all works well with V4.9.8.1
    CC goes faultless

Thanks for the fix.

great news, thanks for testing. We have some other changes in the pipeline so these fixes will be rolled into a full release in the next few days - you'll get an auto update notification as per usual when that happens even if you're using the beta