Thread: "Realistic mode" explained

"Realistic mode" explained

In version 4.6.6.1 we have introduced “Realistic Mode” to the Crew Chief. You can enable it in Preferences window.

When realistic mode is enabled, Crew Chief behavior changes in the following ways:
    * Spotter
    is enabled only in oval races. This is determined by “isOval” flag for each track in trackLandmarksData.json file.
    * Crew Chief checks "useHundredths" value for car class defined carClassData.json. If value is true, gaps and laptimes are reported with hundredths precision, otherwise tenths are used.
    * Each car class defined in carClassData.json file has list of message types enabled. List of supported message types:

TYRE_TEMPS, TYRE_WEAR, BRAKE_TEMPS, BRAKE_DAMAGE, FUEL, LOCKING_AND_SPINNING, ALL, NONE

The idea behind different message type sets is that different series have different information available to spotters. For example, older vehicles did not have sensors to report brake and tire temperatures back to the pits. In 70's, there was no hardware to measure gaps in hundredths. In Karts, there’s simply no radio communication at all. Lastly, as part of emphasis on the driver skill vs electronics (fly by wire), not all modern series allow telemetry data to be available to the driver during the race. Here are some factoid examples:

See 27.3 - https://www.adac-gt-masters.de/docs/adac-gt-masters/2017/static/89/Reglement_ADAC%20GT%20Masters_2017.pdf
    F1 2017 Technical regulations - 8.5.3 Pit to car telemetry is prohibited. - http://www.fia.com/regulation/category/110

We’d like to hear your thoughts and suggestions on Realistic Mode, have fun!

Crew Chief Mega Corp CEO mr_belowski's Avatar
    Also, please bear in mind that we're still building this. For karts I've still not got the 'no messages at all' thing wired up - you'll still get timing messages.

It's going to be refined and extended over the coming weeks

Moved some noice from this topic, itsd now located here http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.p...o-sound-in-r3e

Sounds interesting.

However, I'm more hyped about the possibility to customize behavior to my liking instead of realistic.

Very good

I like the "realistic mode" except that the Spotter is disabled for the non oval races. Ideally the Spotter should not be on but in my case, with a single screen, I need it to compensate for my "unreal" vision. The Spotter is easily turned on and off so for the people that do not wish to use it this exception should not be a problem.
    And thanks for the great plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazza View Post
    I like the "realistic mode" except that the Spotter is disabled for the non oval races. Ideally the Spotter should not be on but in my case, with a single screen, I need it to compensate for my "unreal" vision. The Spotter is easily turned on and off so for the people that do not wish to use it this exception should not be a problem.
    And thanks for the great plugin.
    I am glad you find it useful and I am not the only one to use it I think we could add spotter as a message type and you will be able to override car classes to your liking.

On the other hand, if you do prefer hundredths vs tenths or turn off on some messages, you may not need realistic mode for that. Search the preferences, the desired behavior might already be possible via individual preferences.

Nice improvement this realistic mode, but i feel as @Lazza said, the spotter dont need to be shut down for non oval, the spotter on\off buton is easy to do what we want.
    Keep on burning your tires CCTeam, this app is known world wide now

oops i am a little late for replying to this thread LOL

In the case of Assetto Corsa on a custom circuit (for example Daytona by Reboot Team), where and how should I apply the edition to activate the Spotter?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamite Dan View Post
    In the case of Assetto Corsa on a custom circuit (for example Daytona by Reboot Team), where and how should I apply the edition to activate the Spotter?
    Thanks!

https://thecrewchief.org/showthread....ck-Corner-Data